Tuesday 24th August 2021 ... live together in perfect harmony

Morning!

Lyrics: ... live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh Lord, why don't we?

Yesterday's colour related lyrics were Mr. Blue Sky, Electric Light Order

What: something gentle later

Why: being careful
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning - blue seems to be quite a popular colour for lyrics.

Not sure about today's.

Nice to have a work pal to run with yesterday Dustin.

"Ran" JF in 2016 Joe - well, ran the first 16 miles and then mostly hiked the rest.  Did plenty of training to simulate such a scenario but not enough of the fast hiking stuff.  Great scenery indeed but didn't enjoy the overcrowding in places.

What: group run this evening, couple of leg and head testing solo miles beforehand
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Lyrics...yes
    140m per week...wow! Sadly I am too prone to injury for that.
    Enjoy the group run Hazel.
    Gentle sounds good Ale.
    Gentle scapa loop for me last night as well as a pleasant walk on st Magnus way as my scope list got postponed until Thurs. Shame as legs might be fitter by Thurs.
    Short run with friend before yoga this morning. Looks like another fine day.
    Friend who has developed some health problems ran his last marathon south on Sunday...battled through in about 12 hours and crossed thee finish line to the wombles music...his surname is Wombill. So some inspiration for me if I'm finding Tiree tough!

Keep on wombling folks!
  • Morning All

What - A few miles run/walk and some random press ups/sit ups / weights
    Why - Plan

Same as yesterday.

Hazel -At JF I was probably lucky and out ahead of the crowds, but it would take many people to jam up the switch backs

Lyrics - Should have got yesterdays I head it enough on Amazon , Todays nope
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Killer mileage, Joe. I wish my body would tolerate more but I have to draw the line between 70 and 80. I would love to have a go at Jungfrau just for the fun of it and generally do more trail stuff :) 

Els: Kudos to your friend for putting himself through such an ordeal. Blimey. 

What: 9 miles
    Why: perfect morning - no wind, cool, sunny and legs said yes
    Lyrics: yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes
    My first born grandchild would have been 21 today. Never forget her. This one feels tough 
    Chicksta wow 9 miles amazing! 
    Great training Joe
    Amazing what your friend did els, I can relate to wombling
    Hazel have a lovely group run
    Ale enjoy the easy run
    What track all by myself
    Why holiday and people just can't make tonight
    Last hard yesterday 
    Last rest 24/7
    Going to do the track in spite of being alone because I'd planned my day round it and it all goes wrong otherwise
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - aww, thoughts with you today.
    Chick - 9miles. Awesome. I'm with you 70-80 is my limit. I don't think I've ever done over 100 mpw in training. 
    Els - ah, excellent wombling skills!
    Ale, Hazel, Joe enjoy your respective runs
    What - club night, 5x1k for the marathon group. I'll being going thru the motions but not doing anything silly (maybe every other one at effort)
    Why - Not doing an October marathon, still in covid recovery
    last rest - 10 days 
    last hard - tonight won't be a picnic
    lyric - yep

Probably doing Manchester in April with about half my training group....