Wed 25th August - I see the girls walk by

Lyrics (looks like we've still got the colour theme I see), and maybe an obvious choice of band today -

I see the girls walk by
Dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head
Until my darkness goes

Hope everyone is keeping well. Still trying to get back in the habit of posting here more often.

Got a parkrun pb a few weeks ago - 19:53 which was nice given that I haven't been doing much 5k training. Ran up Slieve Donard yesterday, and have my first of 3 half marathons in 6 weeks this weekend - hopeful for some more PBs.

Yesterday's lyrics - yes

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning chamolk
    Yea to lyrics, 😢, good choice
    Nice pb! 
    What 3ish easy miles
    Why session last night was tough
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 24/7
    Went cemetery with daughter and we reflected on how kacie would have been 21. Got back home and I just didn't have the oomph to go track on my own but I did the session on the road which made it tougher as our roads are not flat! 
    Proud of myself for doing it tbh
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Wabo thoughts are with you, well done for going, must have been tough

Did 5km on Monday and ran the whole way. I'm sooooo slow but at least I'm running. 

I've got a trail half at the start of November so am starting to build up for that but very slowly as still coughing.

Today hoping for 6km after nursery drop off.

Hi Chamolk! What halfs are you doing?

Have a great day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Good to see you Chamolk!

Yesterday's lyrics were Ebony and Ivory, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder

Yes to today's! Appropriate and not just from a colour point of view! We actually had different lyrics from the same song last week, but you are of course let off, Chamolk! And well done on the parkrun PB! 

Don't rush back too quickly, Emz!

Hope Jodie is ok, Wabo! And yourself. And well toughed out yesterday in several respects. 

What: short and easy run, longer stretch

Why: not rushing back too quickly
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

I can guess what the link is for the lyrics but I don't know which song.

Nice PB chamolk - bit to come off yet if you weren't doing 5k specific stuff.

Well done to your friend Els. 

Good mileage yesterday chicksta. 

Day for reflection rather than running yesterday then Wabo so well done for getting that session done nonetheless.

Sounds like a good plan with Manchester Dustin, hope the session went ok yesterday.

Good to see you out running emzap - keep it nice and gentle.

What: not sure yet - supposed to have 5 x 800m on the plan
    Why: cat to vet in a bit as 3-legged at the moment
    Next hard: getting said cat to vet
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Morning All

What - A few miles run/walk and some random press ups/sit ups / weights
    Why - Plan

A bit less of everything as a few days cut back / recovery

Chamolk - well done on the PB!

Emzap - Steady does it
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Busy morning....
    Wabo - well done for getting it done yesterday on what was a tough day 
    Chamolk - good to see you back and nailing a decent 5k pb. Good luck with the trio of HMs
    Emz - slow maybe but getting it done, so good work. Plenty of time for November's race
    Joe - enjoy the cut back, important part of the plan!
    Ale - Run done before the test starts?
    Hazel - hope you get the 800s done and it goes well for the cat!

What - easy run at lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 11 days
    last hard - yesterday. 3m w/u then 5x1k with 200 easy, mile c/d
    Wasn't sure 5 would be doable but after 4, it was only one more...Pace not quite 5k speed, but still around 4:15/ks so pretty happy with that post covid!
    lyric - yes indeed

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Ale - oops. I'd looked through some of the recent subject lines but had missed that one. Laughed when I saw Lily the Pink.

I've got the Larne half this Sunday, then Washingbay 2 weeks later (both local), then going over to Manchester for the half on 10th Oct.

Originally had the Dublin marathon in late October, but it was cancelled last month. Then found out a few days ago that my London marathon in April has been moved to October.

Well done Wabo, I'm sure it's not easy.

Hopefully so Hazel, got luck with the cat.

Dustin - hope you're recovering well - looks like you busy be doing OK if you're training like that

Emz - slow running is still running. Are you recovering from something too?

Hi Joe, nice to meet you
  • Chamolk...good to see you and excellent pb! Slieve Donard...childhood memories of holidays in Newcastle but haven't run it!
    Which HMS are you doing?

Wabo...a hard day for you and your family.

Emz.. a trail HM sounds good and good that you're feeling a lot better.
    Hazel..you put me to shame...am having a rest day...7.5 miles yesterday plus yoga were tough but enjoyed the company of friend.

Dustin..well done on the hard work.

Joe...what's a few miles to you then?

Lyrics nope and probably a rest/tapering day.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

No worries about the lyrics, Chamolk

Dustin...
    What: short run, longer stretches
    Why: get back in time for the cricket!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Els - Currently I had built up to 6.75M run/walk (7/3@ between 8 & 9mm) all recovery pace, really easy but just getting used to it. Cut back will be 4.5M (3/5 pace probably similar or whatever feels right).
    Generally anything under an hour, is a few miles :-)

Oh I probably know the lyrics
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    8 and 9mm is my fast pace, Joe! Your recovery is certainly going better than mine but I had never had much peed to begin with  :D 

Wabo: 21! Time flies. It's a sad time for you. Extra kudos for getting that session in nonetheless!

Hazel: Hope your cat is ok.

Great 5k PB, chamolk and thanks for starting the thread. 

That looks like you're on the mend, emzap. Fingers crossed. 

Sensible plan for tonight's club, Dustin

Enjoy your rest day, Els

Ale: I meant to ask: did you manage to get rid of that shin pain?

What: 5 miles on the TM with 5 x 800 reps
    Why: about time I threw in a leetle bit of speed
    Last hard: That was, especially as my flat out effort used to be my MP!
    Lyrics: yes
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    6km done, walked a bit but I did it! Current pace is 6:45/km for these short runs. I know it'll get there but it's still quite depressing!

Chamolk I had some non covid cough, cold flu thing 2 days after Norovirus. I've been out of action for 5 weeks.

Nice to see a busy thread again :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done on the TM speed session, ChickAnd by and large the shins are ok whilst not quite right if you know what I mean!

And 6k is not a short run, Emz! That's pretty well my longest at the moment. And don't worry about the pace. It will all come back in due course!
    And are you catching the test?

I won't comment on your mileage either now or at your peak, Joe! A long time ago I found that anything over about 65 used to break me, but looking back that was because everything was too fast and would usually include three speed sessions. 
  • Run delayed as Garmin strap broke , now waiting on an older version to charge :-( :(
  • So old Garmin took an age to charge , then wouldn't link to the computer to import run / walk workout. So in the end just went for a run. And then guess what that bloody strap broke as well so ended up carrying it which I could have done anyway. Grrr