Thursday 26th August 2021 Who could hang a name on you?

Morning... just!

Lyrics: Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you

What: probably a short run and long stretch

Why: have to design a new 3k cross country loop/physio session
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    I know these lyrics but the title is not coming to me!!
    Alehouse have fun designing the loop! 
    What I'm not sure but I will run
    Why streak + really must do Tai chi
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 24/7
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    What are the wooden things called that oh makes anyone know? Friend is asking about them
  • Morning

Lyrics not a clue.
    Strapgate , has caused a change in the plan , run / walk has been ditched.
    Basically jumping the plan forward 30 day :-o

Last hard running easy this morning was meant to be cut back :-(

What : Easy AM , Easy PM
    Why : New Plan :-)
  • Morning - lyrics nope!
    Joe - what is strapgate?
    Wabo - creepies, a sort of milking stool initially but quite popular locally.
    Rescheduled work this afternoon, run with friend this morning, still have tired legs, shouldn't be so!
    Ale - have fun designing the cross country.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    That's miserable Emz, hope you're feeing better.

The speed will come back chick

Bad luck with the watch straps Joe. Some years ago I never even used a watch for most of my runs, now I'll delay runs to make sure my gps watch is fully charged - odd how quickly they become so necessary to feel you're running correctly.

Lyrics - yes. I was initially going to post this song yesterday, but then I decided I liked the other better - yesterday's were Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones, after their drummer died the day before.

Not sure what I'll do today - quads are still pretty sore after my run on Tuesday, so either a walk or very easy, short run
  • Morning

Good news on the speed work chicksta and Dustin.

Well done on the 6k emzap. 

Annoying regarding both watches Joe - sounds like you need to go shopping.  Reminds me that I should think about a new one for mine as one of the loop thingys is about to disintegrate.

Have fun route finding Ale.

Streak is growing nicely again Wabo.

Tired legs in the taper sounds familiar Els.  Peter should start a creepie business maybe.

I like logging my data chamolk and going out without a watch would make me nervous for that reason alone.  Walk might jar those sore muscles less but short and easy run ease things as well.

Kitty is not too bad - strained elbow joint but no bite wounds which was the concern.  At the surgery he of course didn't limp around like he did at home - grr - little attention-seeker!

What: recovery 5 miles
    Why: intervals yesterday
    Last hard: yesterday's intervals - but a good hard.  As usual went into it with an "I am not going to like this" attitude but the first rep was fine rather than a shock to the legs.  Need to turn that "I am not going to like this" into something more positive.
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Sorry Joe - got it now!
    Nice 7m with friend catching up on this and that. Slightly cooler but still pleasant.
    Glad kitty is fine Hazel.
    Peter is happy to make creepies for friends and family on request, but don't think he'd want a business!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    thanks els, it was a friend on FB posted one and said what are they and I recognised straight away!
    Off out for a couple of miles, errand runing
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics, coming to me, same band as the other day I think...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And still on a colour theme, Wabo...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Joe: Hate it when my GPS isn't playing ball. I'm like Hazel - a bit OCD to have everything recorded ;) I have various bands in different colours for my Garmin. Just in case one breaks. 
    Are you doing doubles already?? 

Getting there, emzap! A few weeks ago I was delighted with 6:45 mins per k. It'll get better as you recover more. 

That sounds truly pleasant, Els. So nice to be able to run with friends. 

Well done on the speedwork, Hazel. I'm usually the same. Coming up with all sorts of reasons why I shouldn't do it but once you've bagged the session it feels really good and it's totally worth the pain. Glad kitty is OK. 

chamolk: Easy sounds like a good option.

Designing an XC course sounds fun, ale

What: 5 miles slow out, a little faster back
    Why: testing the waters - that was my 4th run this week with a longer one and some speedwork. All good so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Last hard: trying to outsprint the rain (I failed)
    Last rest: 18/8
    Lyrics: Yes, but it's the wrong day of the week  :D 
  • Chicksta - Only Iddy Biddy Doubles :-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I did get the song in the end alehouse I randomly started singing it in the shower