Friday 27th August 2021, Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you, and everything you do. Yeah

Morning

Lyrics I get cos I set

New strap ordered, currently using the old Garmin which I ripped the straps of and it is now hand held.

What : Easy AM , Easy PM
Why : New Plan :-)

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes...only because I had thought of using them

Yesterday's were Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

What: short run whilst planning cross country course

Why: didn't do it yesterday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Hope your watch strap turns up promptly Joe.

What: some GA miles
    Why: ticking over in cut-back week
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics yes
    Joe hope the strap turns up! 
    Alehouse take two with the course! 
    Hazel enjoy the ga miles today

What something very small
    Why swimming with the girls this morning
    Last hard yesterday's errand run
    Last rest 24/7
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Thought I posted yesterday...
    Joe - good luck with the new plan! (& hope the strap arrives)
    Wabo - have fun with the rubber rings  :D 
    Hazel - decent repping the other day
    Ale - good luck with the xc recce. Myself and a couple of club pals are doing a similar exercise for a new senior Sunday league (5m) route tomorrow. Looking forward to it. As always adequate parking is usually the stumbling block.
    Chamolk/Chick/Jo et al. re logging - frequently (in Canary Wharf, the focal point of global capitalism) I can't get a signal unless I hang around for up to 10 minutes so on many occasions my time is based on stopwatch.
    Don't get me wrong I log (and have always logged) my training but until I got my garmin (in the last 5 or 6 years) it was often "2h17 , felt like low 8s pace so about 16.5 miles"
    In fact one of the athletes I coach asked me yesterday if they should take "run time" or "elapsed time" for their long run. I said assuming they didn't stop for lunch or a pint halfway round, the two should be very similar...
    sure you may stop briefly to take a view in or open a gate or to cross a road but it's hardly material!

What - easy lunchtime (with no signal probably!!)
    Why - easy Friday
    last rest - 14/08
    last hard - probably yesterday - 8.5m over the fields at a steady (Marathon) pace. Evening was an easy 2mile shake out and coaching the ankle biters 
    lyric - yes indeedy

• Further setback 12 days ago with broken rib but coming on now. 
    Slow joglet of 2.2 miles today
    Last hard the steel (anti cycling) overlapping barrier that the council choose to install on designated cycle-ways (see above)
    Swim later
    Lyrics no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    That's so random, Joe/Ale! I thought about starting the thread but then got thrown by shit weather and rushing to the gym instead but these were the lyrics I had in mind. Love the band, love that song. 

Ouch, OH!! Heal quickly. 

Dustin: Yeah, Garmins are shite in town. I do remember from my Canary Wharf days and it's very similar if I run near work now. I still use it and adjust the miles later in the app. I know my routes and distances so while it may not be a 100% correct, I have a pretty good indication. 
    Great you're back at MP already :) 

Bet swimming with the girls was fun, wabo

What: Treadmill 10k plus half an hour of s&c
    Why: horrid weather
    Last hard: acknowledging that I'm pretty feeble at lifting weights :D 
    Last rest: 18/8
    Lyrics: hell yes :) 

Have a great weekend, all.

• Runs Done. Morning & Lunch as I want beers tonight.

Lyrics - It did seem an obvious choice with a theme of colour :-)