Saturday 28th August 2021 Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields

Morning!

Lyrics: Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in a market down in New Orleans

What: easy running whilst devising a cross country course

Why: wasn't really happy with what I came up with yesterday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Lyrics, don't think so!
    Sounds like a lot of fun being had route planning Ale! Probably headed to Stockport for Peter's uncles funeral on 10th....he was 91.
    Off for a run in company in Dounby, nothing yesterday, busy work day and other stuff. Need to get ready for off next Friday...Tiree bound initially.
  • Morning

Lyrics - Nope

Yesterdays were Yellow by Coldplay

What : Easy Lunch , Easy PM and random S&C
    Why : New Plan :-)
  • Morning (just about for me)

Good cross country: hills, mud, maybe a stream or two and something to clamber over?  Not a just around a boring sports field.

Haven't done xc in years but certainly preferred the former to the latter.

Probably only just listened to yesterday's lyrics in the last days as I had a bit of Coldplay running.  Still didn't get it. 

GPS watch went a bit bonkers in Frankfurt and in Berlin - even froze other than stopwatch on the latter though after 3k - was a bit annoyed as wanted to look at the trace afterwards.

Ouch to the rib OH and sorry to hear about your uncle.

Hope you had a good splash around with the girls yesterday Wabo.  

UTMB dot-watching: looks like they have good weather.  My dot has nearly done 100k of 170 since 6pm yesterday.

Have a good Saturday all.

What: some more GA miles with some hill sprints and strides.  
    Why: officially on the plan today.
    Last hard: slowing down yesterday - noticed the lack of a mid-week MLR and set off too fast and kept going that way.  Will do a hillier route today and by perceived effort.
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Better than anticipated amble around parkrun 37m average pace 11.43 (7.12-18.35!)
    It's a start!
    Lyrics no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done, OH. Parkrun with a broken rib, though? Ouch!!

Good training, Hazel. My friend Mon is doing the UTMB. She's bonkers!
    My Garmin refused to pick up a signal in Berlin too.

Hope you devised a good route, Ale. What Hazel mentioned sounds good.

Parkrun in 26:19 for me today. I wanted to go under 30 mins 😊 but it hurt 😬 even though my HR was HM territory rather than 5k. I guess my heart forgot how to beat that fast 🤣🤣🤣
    Won my age group and was 5th lady. I beat the 4 ladies that were faster on age-grading 👊🏼. It's a start. Good battle with two girls, one beat me but I managed to fend of the other one.

With this being my highest mileage week in 15 months I shan't complain
  • Didn't feel like getting up so just combined both runs.
    New strap arrived :-)
    Need to be careful as went from run / walk Monday 12mm to 4.5M @ pretty much 8:30mm today. 
  • Evening all!
    Nice running all. Wondering how my pals got on on the new twice as long Speyside Way - 65m.
    Just short of 8 miles for me followed by lunch at friend's with her husbands home smoked trout (delicious and very delicate flavour) and home made farmhouse cheese, nice but a wee bit salty, and scones with wild raspberry jam, also delicious. My contribution was some rather rushed brownies but they seemed to get eaten up. As you can see the run was a side issue to the food but nice enough!
    Home and trying to sort out what to take on my bike to Tiree. Good news is seems to fit on back carrier of bike plus small rucksack unless there is something major I've forgotten!
    Chick - that is a pretty incredible comeback. If I get round to a parkrun I'll be struggling to hit 30m I'm thinking with all that turning round cones. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Surprised that no-one has said they know these lyrics! Have even heard them on the news this week!

Good to see you running, OH! But a shame about the ribs!

What: 2 x looking at a cross country course! Over 8k in total. 

Why: needs to be done. Race is 6 x approx 3K relay. 55th running of it but the previous two courses are not available unless we want to pay a considerable sum (£1600!). Long story! So much for promoting the health benefits of running!
    Anyway in total there will be around 1k total around playing fields at the start and finish, but varied; then 2k  through woods. Currently too dry for spikes; by the end of October we will probably be paddling and in long spikes! Who knows!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya all
    Good running all round from you lot.
    OH  - hope the ribs aren't causing too much discomfort
    Ale - route sounds interesting and I hear you with the costs
    What - XC course recce - a decent 5 mile loop around some farmland. Need to redirect the last half mile: the cow field was so rutted it was an ankle break waiting to happen. Probably going to divert round the lusher sheep field!
    Why - Sunday XC league needs a new course (prohibitive costs/requirements from another). Even so , even half a dozen toilets are £500 for a day's hire. 
    Last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - Thursday
    Lyric - Yes!!