Sunday 29th August 2021 Tra la la la la

Morning!

Lyrics: Tra la la la la
She looks like a sugar in a plum

Yesterday's were Brown Sugar, The Rolling Stones

What: short run, longer stretch

Why: Sunday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning all. Glad you got your cross country sorted Ale!
    Well my two friends did a great run...second and third ladies overall.
    Lyrics..yes for a change!
    Maybe a slow one with two friends later if I can get the timings right! Struggled to keep up yesterday!
  • Morning

Great to see you parkrunning OH.  

And chicksta too - much better time than you had anticipated and a great ranking too.

Good news on the watch strap Joe - swift progress indeed.

Meal yesterday sounds delicious Els.  Good you are sorted for your bike for Tiree.  Well done to your friends.

XC courses sound decent Ale and Dustin.  Ouch to those costs.

What: long run later, need to think about where yet.
    Why: mara miles
    Last hard: sleeping, was awoken by frantic mouse squeaking in the early hours (caught it and took it outside) and not much later had to get up to take OH to the train station (bus not yet running)
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Just swimming today - don't want to overdo it.
    Lyrics - yes
  • Swimming in caves yesterday

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Yes, don't rush things, OH! And nice photos!

Legs tired today so did long fitness suite and short run to bring up just over 30k for the week! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Great pics, OH. Does swimming hurt less?

Hazel: good mouse hunting. Gift from to your cat? Out neighbours cat 🐈 which we frequently shoo away coz we don't want him fouling our garden seems to want to make amends and occasionally leaves dead mice on our doorstep 😬 I have to smile a bit when he does that.

Sounds like your friends had a good time, Els.

10k along the Ironman Hamburg cyclists today. The route goes past my house. Rubbish weather, constant drizzle, cold and windy. Some folk looked super miserable.

Somehow I clocked up 67k this week off 7 days running. Feels good to be back.

I know those lyrics 👍🏻
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    chick - decent mileage, please don’t overdo it
    OH - great pics
    ale - sensible, still a decent weekly tally
    Hazel - hope you got the LSR done

what - just shy of 16 miles with a couple of pals. Mostly trail and a few hills
    why - getting back in the lsr routine
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - that probably, never struggled but longest run since June and was glad to get home! 
    lyric - of course
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Bit late today, but been busy - new pb at the Antrim Coast Half Marathon, taking over 6 minutes off my previous one, so very happy - 1:30:36
    Close to sub 1:30, but I was just aiming for 1:32-1:33 so I'm happy I'll get the last little bit taken off in the next month or two.

Had to hang around for a few hours for two of the boys to do the kids race, but they got their photo with Mo Farah, and he signed their race numbers.

Looks like some good runs here today, and glad Strapgate is over. Hope the ribs recovery OH

Lyrics - seem familiar, but no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Great progress, Chamolk! Well done!

And great training progress Chick!

Did you go to see Spurs going top, Wabo?