Monday 30th August 2021...texture like sun

Morning!

Lyrics: ...texture like sun
Lays me down with my mind she runs

Yesterday's were Boney M with Brown Girl in the Ring

What: a run with M76

Why: chance to run with someone

Off to cricket at Old Trafford later. Unusually dry for a bank holiday Monday in England!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Meant to post in the week but somehow time ran away with me 

Did 8km with club on trails Thursday then 5km yesterday.  Haven't decided if I'll go to club tonight yet. We are off to the local country show. I've made Lucas a tractor Outfit for the occasion!

Hope you have all had a lovely bank holiday weenend.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Morning

Enjoy the BH weather - dread to think what the traffic will be like in parts then.

Have a nice run with M76 and a good day at cricket Ale.  Good news on your mileage progress.

Yep chicksta - mouse was a pressie from the cat.  First one we have had to deal with in months fortunately though there have been traces in the past... Nasty triathlon weather - they should have relocated to here.  Breezy sunny and not too hot.  Pleased to see how well your comeback is going.

Well done on your long run Dustin.  Seems that you are over covid with no side-effects then.

Excellent work on the PB chamolk.  That sub 1:30 looks very doable.

Nice swimming pics yesterday OH - thanks!

Enjoy the show emzap - tractor outfit sounds interesting.  Hope you are well over your illnesses now.

What: recovery
    Why: Monday habit
    Last hard: bits of yesterday's long run - mostly flat river bank but a couple of technical trails which I wasn't too confident on (+ flights of steps which I walked up and sometimes down depending on their state)
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hazel here's the tshirt
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Morning again!

Can you make one in my size please, Em?

What: 8.6k with M76

Why: I could! Found it quite hard in the middle but got it done. About half off road on the river bank. Longest run for 70 days!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done, ale.

Also well done Dustin on your long run yesterday and chamolk on that HM PB.

That's super cute, em. You're really talented.

Sounds like an adventurous course for a long run, Hazel.

No running today. I feel great and nearly laced up those shoes but then thought I'd better be sensible. Some walking and lots of gardening instead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done for being sensible chick. I was also sensible and chose chocolate and wine over another running day.

Ale great to see that distance increasing.hooe it was followed by lots of stretching.

Hazel your run yesterday sounds great!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, sensible Chick. But not sure about the chocolate, Emz!

And very little stretching: two sessions of cricket, taking the weight off my feet.

Lyrics anyone? A classic!