Thursday 2nd September 2021 I want to live

Morning!

Lyrics: I want to live
I want to give
I've been a miner...

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Thursday routine
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Good morning all :) 

Happy stretching, Ale. I need to work on that. 

Did 7 miles this morning and came across a runner dressed in long tights, a jacket and a beanie  :s I mean it was 14 degrees! 

Lyrics seem familiar, but it's a no. 
  • Morning, Lyrics, again a no!
    Packing up and a short run with friend, for some crazy reason decided to start making cinnamon buns after work last night so proving and baking too.
    Still don't know which ferry were on Sat. Usual boat having repairs, smaller boat put on so doing 2 shuttles on Sat one at 6.20am one at 3pm (which doesn't get us there in time to pick up race numbers but sure that is negotiable in the circumstances. Many phone calls to Cal Mac and no reply! At least Northlink which serves here always contacts you if any change! On the plus side they may be putting on a minivan transport to start on Sun morn.
    Have a good day.
  • Oops identity crisis again! We are now on the 6.20 (check in 530am boat which is probably the better option!
    Probably Tiree's busiest weekend of the year for boat problems to occur!
  • Morning

No cricket today Ale?

That runner will be in an expedition style down suit by the winter then chicksta.

That sounds a bit complicated with the boats elspeth but glad you are sorted with a booking.  hmm - can almost smell those cinnamon buns from here...

Good 800s the other day Dustin.

Do you generally feel well now emzap?  Hope so. Enjoy the rest of your week off.

What: night HM this evening (start 9:15pm - now where is that headtorch?)
    Why: replaces some sort of a session - not sure if I will have another go at some MP miles or do it progressively as I should actually be doing the dreaded 7m tempo run today - will decide later but could be a lively breeze in one direction of the loop so progressive could be the answer
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no

• Afternoon!

Travel well, Els, OH

And go well this evening, Hazel! Sounds like fun!

Cricket  (test match) on TV; county game on the laptop. And have been busy picking and freezing an armful of runner and French beans.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hiya
    Hazel - go with the progressive and include the 7 tempo - that's on the plan right?!!?
    Ale - putting me to shame with the stretching - I must try harder.
    Chick - decent mileage. Can I say I did think twice about gloves this morning!!??
    Wabo - sorry I forgot to mention your 10 miler, I was more enamoured with the photo!
    OH/Els - safe travels, sounds like the boat is sorted (sort of..)
    Emz - sounded like a busy day yesterday, good work getting the run in!

What - 8 miles over the fields at lunchtime, coaching little people later
    Why - to be outside
    last rest - 14/08
    last hard - Tuesday
    Lovely run today, ran at "steady" pace without really blowing, was on my own, save for one other solitary runner about 6 miles in. Trails firm (but lumpy) and a decent breeze meant I didn't get too hot. Loved it. One of those life affirming runs. 
    Lyric - don't think so
    August mileage was ~175 but I did miss 10 days with a "sore throat and runny nose"  :D 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Our last child free day, so went down to Worcester and out to lunch, it was lovely.

Then came home and ran 5km to get Lucas from nursery. Am definitely getting quicker!

Now home to feel sick as I ate too much before running 😂

Hope your ferry trip goes ahead els and oh
    Sounds like a lovely run Dustin
    Ale, drove past the worcester ground today and there were people playing, but didn't think there was a match on there... Not sure though
    Chick I went out for drinks last night and wore tights and boots and was so so hot! Completely underestimated the temperature!

Have a lovely evening all 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Lyrics yes!!
    Emzap great to see you're getting quicker and feeling better!!
    Dustin lol!! The photo! Cleo literally walked in the room and just fell about laughing. Nice running round the field! 
    Hazel hope you found the head torch, sounds fun!
    Chick I'm still vest and shorts!! Nice one on the 7 miles
    Alehouse hope you had a good run today
    What I did a really nice two mile loop this morning before work 
    Why I'm enjoying parking to run different routes then go in to work
    Last hard this morning
    Last rest 24/7

Girls back to school today and looked adorable. Tomorrow morning my grandson has a 3 hours settling in session at nursery. So happy and excited for him
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can