Friday 3rd September 2021 One pill makes you larger

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small,

Yesterday's colour related lyrics were Heart of Gold, Neil Young.

What: a run of some description

Why: need to double check xc course

Emz: Worcestershire were playing Sussex in the county championship. Worcs won.

Anything to report, Hazel?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Have a good journey Els and OH.

Glad you had a great run yesterday Dustin.  Those aren't necessarily the fastest you might do but where everything just fits together.  Good mileage considering you had to break.

Bad luck on the ate-too-much-before-running scenario Emz but it sounds like you had a nice day.

Yep - found the headtorch ok Wabo and still working although I forgot to take out the batteries at the end of the winter.  Hope everything goes well for your grandson today.

Beans from your own garden sound good Ale.  Have a nice XC run.

Will write more later / at the weekend as I am supposed to be working: 1:38:43 - course looks like it was a bit short though.  5th lady (68) and 1st F45 (8).  No prizes this time.  Went with the standard go out a bit fast and hang on approach - better average pace this time.  Not an easy course with a few short trail sections and bumps in the landscape.  Perfect conditions though - light breeze if at all and warm-coolish.

Have a good Friday.
  • Forgot the standard bits:

What: recovery
    Why: hard run yesterday
    Last hard: yesterday's race and sleeping after it
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Hiya
    Hazel - sounds like a great run, well done!
    Ale - good luck with the XC course

What - something later, will be short 
    Why - in our "other" london office (no showers , no changing) so will be tonight
    last rest - 14/08
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - nor so sure
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Hazel that sounds amazing
    Reggie did do well at nursery, went in and just said bye bye without a glance! Made friends with a boy in superman outfit whilst showing him his Spiderman skills 🤣
    Alehouse hope run was ok and good luck with the xctry
    Dustin enjoy the later run
    What only 2 this morning
    Why 10 again tomorrow morning (5 mile forest race then repeat) 
    Last hard this morning
    Last rest 24/7
    Have a lovely weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    The lyrics are in my head somewhere
  • Just realised I forgot to post yesterday - knew the lyrics too, saw him live with Bob Dylan about 2 years ago.

Today's lyrics - yes, and I actually used them (along with the next line) as one of my quotes in our med school year book. One of my favourite bands.

Boys have settled well in to school, just a bit tired in the evenings.

Went out for an easyish run yesterday, called past my wife picking up the boys from school, so I raced them home - about 1.6 miles, partly downhill, but I can cut across a footbridge whilst they get stuck at lights. They beat me by a few hundred yards, but I got 3 strava trophies whilst trying. No running today, still recovering from half marathon, and have another in 8 days.

That's good mileage for 20 days Dustin, I think I did 138 miles for August.

Good time Hazel, look forward to the report

That seems a bit excessive to me too chick, I'm still in shorts and vest, but then I always stick to shorts, even in the snow.

How's the chest OH? 
  • Almost forgot - the lyrics 2 days ago were Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix
  • I'm also still in shorts and vest and I'll keep it like that well into the autumn ;) 

Well done Hazel, that's a great half on difficult terrain. I've never raced in the dark. 

Dustin: Love those runs! Get them too rarely. 

I love that little family race, chamolk!

Hope Els and OH are travelling safely. 

Glad Reggie settled well, wabo.

Good news, you're getting faster, em

Ale: I have a song in my head but it's not colour-related so I'm probably wrong. 

What: 10 miles
    Why: I felt really good and conditions were perfect
    Last hard: Tuesday's intervals
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: guess it's a no
  • Afternoon! 

Well done on the 10 miles, Chick! I shall be delighted when I am back up to 10k! 

Traksters and long sleeves today!

Wabo, you will have to ask Alice about the lyrics! Definitely a colour in there, Chick! And I used them before one World Book Day!

Well done yesterday, Hazel! Looking forward to the report!

Take it easy, Chamolk!

Hope Joe's return to running is going to plan.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chamolk I love that you raced them and got trophies 🤣
    Alehouse cryptic but I know where you're heading....
    Chicksta nice running