Sunday 5th September 2021 Well, it's one for the money two for the show

Morning! 

Lyrics: Well, it's one for the money two for the show
Three to get ready now go, cat, go

Go well Els! 

What: half an hour or so

Why: tinkering with xc course
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• You just beat me too it this morning Ale, was a bit too busy overnight to post whilst in work.

My leg still hasn't fully recovered, it's very odd - one bit still feels tight, or like I'll pulled it. Going to bed now, hopefully get a run later

Lyrics - definitely
  • Morning, Chamolk! What were yesterday's lyrics please?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Afternoon..

You are right regarding pacing in the dark Ale.

Training course must have been interesting Dustin. Nice tempo work for dessert.

Ouch, chamolk, hope that eases soon and you have had a good sleep.

Hope Els is doing well!

Have a nice Sunday afternoon all.

What: 34k long run
    Why: need to put in a few long ones
    Last hard: that was but a good hard, tired but not exhausted so recovering well from Thursday
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Sorry Ale I was half asleep when I posted earlier. Yesterday's lyrics were a dumb called The Green Fields of France, its been covered by a lot of different groups but the main one I'm aware of is The Fureys and Davy Arthur
  • Yes to lyrics 😉

Hope Els is having a good one.

Thanks for the great race report, Hazel. You did really well. I find it super hard to run fast in the dark. I do remember some speed sessions in spring marathon training that I did before or after work and they were tricky.

Ouch, chamolk. Probably better to rest that calf. Cramp can cause quite a bit of damage.

Interesting course, Dustin. I'm doing ok on strength but I'm too lax with stretching and plyometrics.

A little over 10k done with the second half in 25 mins. Boy, that was hard. But I hung on for dear life. Managed to get my HR up to 166, so getting there. My max is probably around 170 these days.

Another 67k for the week, just like last week but this time off 6 runs as I had one rest day.

• Evening!

Quiet!

Hope Els has had a good day, and OH got plenty of spectating in!

That was a quick end to your run, Chick!

Impressive long run, Hazel!

Hope the niggle comes to nothing, Chamolk!

What: just over 5k

Why: checking course with students. Hard work, given that they run far more quickly than I do! Must remember that I am nearly 50 years older than they are!
  • Thanks for all the support folks! Not a bad day in the end though I was v nervous at the start and didn't know a soul...very unusual for Scottish ultra scene.
    Great course..lots of trail and beach running...apparently 16 beaches in all though I lost count but rather unnec essary to take us up Ben hynish...it's not huge but tricky underfoot at 25 miles in. Lost the plot a bit on last road sections before final beach but otherwise did a lot better than I expected. Finish about 6.53. in first half of field...just....also unexpected!
    Hazel great race report!
    Chick..amazing return of speed.
    Chamolk...not great being injured...hopefully settles soon.
    Sorry left out everyone else..Maybe write more tomorrow and Peter took one or a hundred photos!and cycled to the finish for a few more.
    Evening's entertainment cancelled due to covid in the hotel which was meant to be holding music event...but since my only pair of shoes are entirely soaked maybe a good thing...not the covid of course!
    Fairly cold and windy day for it but only a few showers.
  • Sounds like a day to remember and a great performance, Els! Very well done! Hopefully some great photos!