Monday 6th September 2021 - Hey little sister, what have you done

Morning..

Lyrics:

Hey little sister, what have you done
Hey little sister, who's the only one

Great result Els - looking forward to hearing more and maybe a pic or two?  Recover well first.  Are you travelling back straight away?

Well done on the 10k and the growing mileage Chicksta.

50 years more experience than those students though Ale, have you finalized the course now?

What: recovery
Why: Monday and long yesterday
Last rest: 30.03.20

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Blue Suede Shoes, Elvis Presley. 

The course is finalised now, as far as I am concerned, Hazel, but it now has to go to the new university Health and Safety Officer who apparently knows nothing about cross country! 

And you need that recovery run!

What: run with M76

Why: Monday. Will see how I get on after yesterday!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well done, Els. So there was absolutely no reason to be nervous ;) Like Hazel said, looking forward to your report and a few pics.

Enjoy your run with M76, Ale

Massive week for you, Hazel

Yes to lyrics. 

Not sure about my plans for today. Maybe I'm just going for a walk, maybe a short and easy run. Haven't decided yet. I'm still being a bit apprehensive and cautious and not sure how much of silly stuff my feet let me get away with ;)
  • Morning...lyrics no buy did get yesterday's!
  • Course route...my pictures are rubbish but Peter took some better ones.
    Hope all well today.
    So Tiree ultra...took a bit of getting here but after 5am start from Oban accommodation were on 6.20 ferry and a cal Mac breakfast. Cycled down to Hynish...single tract road v busy so took us a while. Settled in ,lunch at cafe down road and then bus to start on Gott Bay and back via coop for some supplies. Not every bus sits and waits for 20 min for folk to shop but that's the island life for you! Took 2.5 hours all told then got drop bags ready cooked some dinner and an early night.
    Woke v apprehensive..it's been a while. Had managed a bus ride to start in the end along with about 10 others all individually picked up from their accommodation. Arrived early and it was freezing on the beach. Kept my heavy fleece on until last minute then hid it under ROs caravan. Cold and v nervous...assembled on line in the sand..the local pipe band started up which wierdly helped me feel better and we were off.About 2m along first beach and then off over trails onto a tiny hill...more trails and we began to send our way to the top of the island. Probably about mid pack but felt like I was at the back. Several long beaches and trails led up to cp1 about 9 miles. All fine picked up some g! Much happier back on t be oodies and on..more beach and trail then onto a few mile road section about 13m which I seemed to find very hard. Glad to be directed back onto trail with instructions to go to the left of the big cow...very Tiree
  • Hiya
    Els - well done on what sounds like a fun event! A pity the evening fun was cancelled.
    Ale - Sounds good about the course. Passing something over to the uninformed for H&S? That does surprise me.... :D  Enjoy the M76 excursion
    Chamolk - hope the niggle is improving
    Course was good, I think the main takeaways are about form and posture. What drills to reinforce and on on.
    Anything that doesn't replicate a running motion should be dropped , one example is the "footballer style" bum kick where they put the hands behind the back and trying to kick them - nobody runs that way. 
    Instead should be heels under the bum. I know that is almost impossible to coach to a large group. 
    Plus plenty of stability stuff, so squat jumps returning to start position but not wobbling. 
    I need to document it all for some of our other coaches. 
    Hazel - do like an easy Monday (see below)
    Chick - decent mileage, just keep it easy for now pls

What - easy Monday
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 14/08
    last hard - Weekend. Did 1h45 yesterday (abt 12.5 miles) after hills on Saturday, legs still a bit jaded. That said it was quite toasty out.
    lyric - Yes!

• Much better back on the trail and soon at Cp2 at not quite half way but half way soon came and went and good progress being made. A bit of back and forth with a few folk and a little chat. The we turned into the wind and even the beach running which had been very pleasant became hard. Quite a slog down the west coast of the island into the wind...beautiful but tough! And then we seemed to be directed up Ben hynish after v short road stretch....ha that's not where the map takes us! However signs and marshals were in agreement that was the way. Some rough ground...could have done with trail shoes here and a steep and slegtly boggy decent off the hill to find P with some of the marshals taking pics. So that was nice. Worryingly were now on 25.5m not 24.5 and Cp3 still hadn't arrived. Just by our door it was with a refill of water and a cup of coke. About a mile more road and then pleased to be back on a beach though a bit of a tricky scramble down where we I seemed to find the hardest route.Two more beaches and back to the road which led through the main village of Scarinish and although I. Didn't realise almost there
    I would have pushed a little harder/walked less if I had. Because of tides course measured a little short. I lost quite a few places but hey ho. Finally told only a mile to go and off onto trail and the final beach which was also the far end of the first beach! Surprised to find P had cycled to finish and was taking some finish line pics. Great to finish and apparently nowhere near last! Take that quite happily. 
    After a bit of chat we retired to the nearby bar for soup coffee etc and a wee wait. for the bus home. The other hotel in covid isolation with first Tiree cases which is sad. A happy bus trip home cheering in some of the later finishe re s en route and the inevitable coop stop with a quiet evening!
    Sorry that was long winded..P willaybe put as couple of pics up.
    No running for me today...may go back up the hill which is on our doorstep more or less cafe lunch then P is swimming. I did bring my togs but the weather is less than ideal.a paddle at most I think!
  • Morning again!

Great reporting, Els! Sounds like you enjoyed it!

What: 9k with M76

Why: could just about manage it. Nothing compared to Els's distance!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wow what a great race and result els!
    Sorry I thought I'd posted yesterday but clearly not 

So Saturday 7km, Sunday 10km (very very tough, trails and hills).

What: nearly 9km with hill efforts
    Why: club night, the hardest one for ages
    Last hard: last 3 days!
    Lyrics: yes

Ale I love some red tape (not)...
    Dustin Sounds like good advice to me
    Chick well done on the 10km
    Hazel well done on the long yesterday

Have a great evening all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    I'm shattered so I'll have to read back and catch up