Sunday 12th September 2021 Picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been
Lives in a dream

Yesterday's lyrics with a girl's name were Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond

Go well Hazel!

What: easy run, long stretch

Why: probably
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Lyrics...yes.
    On the road again but only as far as Keswick. Getting excited about seeing the kids!
  • Evening!

Quiet! Hope everyone is ok.

Enjoy the youngsters, Els and OH! Is T running at all?

Today's run took me to 31.5 k for the week, the third highest since January, so both good and disappointing!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening..

Travel well Els / OH - quite a tour you are doing.  Enjoy the family.

Good run yesterday Ale - you deserve the easy one today.  

Don't blame you for skipping that nasty weather Chicksta.  And parkrun with that late night.  Not sure how much wine I would manage at the moment either - well out of practice.  (considers cold wine in the fridge but Sunday evening is traditionally non-alcoholic).  

Hills are good for you Dustin.  Tough sounding session though.

Sorry didn't post yesterday - bit of a mehh sort of day.

Race went ok today - down on 2019 by nearly 3 mins though.  I wasn't doing mara training then though and noticed the mileage piling up today.  Actually happy enough with the result - (bit over an hour for the 10.2k), good constant effort and no walking / whinging.  

What: altogether 27k - 2k race warm-up, race and then on the drive home another 15k to get in a long run mileage.  
    Why: long run miles in total - not exactly text book training but good for the head.  
    Last hard: 5k of constant uphill and the undulations on the later run - quite happy to amble along on the flat sections though
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Looks like it's been very quiet today, maybe everyone is busy running.

I had a half marathon yesterday - went well enough, but glad to report that the tiredness and niggles I had after my last half (2 weeks ago) seem to have gone. The pb just have taken more out of me than I realised. I'll post a race report before long, just in case anyone fancies a read.

Did 30 mins recovery run today and everything felt good.

Lyrics yes - was a bit confused, then I looked back and saw the topic change.

Hope Wabo has recovered
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Nicely done, Hazel: a tough way to get the long run in! 

Glad that the niggles went, Chamolk, and yesterday went well. Is your Manchester half on September 26th? If so I may be standing on a corner wearing a yellow bib, probably at Man City's ground which is the turn round point.

Re lyrics, the new theme is names...all female so far!
  • 10th October, happening the same morning as the marathon
  • Wasn't sure, Chamolk! On 26th there is the Great Run 10k pm and Great Run half in the morning. I  may well be involved with the marathon as well.
  • Ah right. Let me know if you'll be about for the half on 10th October then, I'll look out for you
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Ale, I'm sad I missed Friday and the lyrics! Though shhhhh no one ever calls me that (apart from my dad!)

Busy weekend with our first overnight visitors since Feb 2020!!!

Yesterday did 12km with a 31 ish minute parkrun at the end. The new course is all on grass so it's sapping to say the least! Did manage to run the whole 12 km so really pleased with that.

Great racing from Hazel and chamolk.

Hope travels went ok els and oh.

Got tomorrow and Tuesday off as someone is turning 2 this week (yes, how?!?)

Have a lovely evening all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Lyrics yep
    Emzap aww how indeed!!! Sweet, enjoy the birthday
    Alehouse sounds a good spot to Marshall! 
    Chamolk nice racing! I'm really tired but having an early night. Elbow is bruised and arm really hurts but I'll be ok
    Hazel great racing by you as well
    Els enjoy Keswick and the kids
    Alehouse hope your run went well
    What no long run I put sensible head on and did 5k.
    Why just really tired
    Last hard yesterday's train ride
    Last rest 24/7
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can