Morning!

Lyrics: I've just met a girl named xxxx
And suddenly that name
Will never be the same
To me.

Yesterday's were Maria, sung by the nuns in The Sound of Music

What: about half an hour easy plus stretches

Why: Thursday

Enjoyed the photos, OH. Used to know the area quite well...about 40 years ago. Probably get lost now!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yep lol
    Alehouse this theme could run and run! Enjoy the run and are stretches
    What 5 those morning
    Why fancy it
    Last hard yesterday evening
    Last rest 24/7
    Didn't fall last night lol
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

Not at all jealous OH and Els.  Switzerland has some lovely scenery but so does the UK!

Well done for staying upright Wabo.

Before I moved end of 2020 Chicksta I had the Swiss airforce storm over my roof several times a week - nearly had a fit the first time but got used to it.  At least the jets are through quickly though noisily it is more the low level small ones going eeeeeeeee forever on one spot that can get annoying.  (used to live near Stuttgart airport and more recently a smallish airfield here).  Well done on the intervals yesterday.

What: yesterday's intervals
    Why: just couldn't yesterday and didn't even try (mind thing - not running related)
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just back, I was 3.3 into my 5 miler and quite enjoying it, I didn't fall lol but I answered a call from daughter who was in despair at the sight of her washing machine frothing - she was lucky I was literally across the road from hers!! Went up, all fine apart from she had put the stuff in that clears blockages  :s:dizzy:
    Anyway all ok, so I chatted a bit and then went on to finish my 5 miler lol!!
    Doesn't running clear the head and make you feel better peeps?? Apart from when I fall.....
    Hazel go well on the intervals.
    I am pretty excited to be doing Pride 10k on Saturday, a huge bunch of us, glitter, tattoos and I have rainbow armbands!! Hoping for a good run as it is a flat course.
  • Morning again!

I enjoyed the washing machine tale, Wabo! Certainly more than your daughter did! Glad you got the 5 miler in! And enjoy Saturday!

Hope the intervals go to plan today, Hazel!

What: just over 32 minutes.  HR still too high for the effort though. 

Why: Pleasant run on the trails!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse glad it was a pleasant run, pain about the higher HR than you are used to
  • That's an epic detergent fail, wabo  :D   Good you were there to help.

Ale: your run sounds like mine today. A real struggle with a high HR and a crappy pace. I barely slept last night and had to finish work stuff first thing so I ran at lunchtime which I absolutely cannot do. 

More lovely pics from Els and OH

Agree with Hazel, there are some spectacularly beatiful mountain sceneries in the UK. It's not the Alps but has its own rugged appeal. 

So - a horrid recovery run which I cut short at only 5k. Onwards and upwards. 
  • Sorry that your run wasn't great, Chick! I actually enjoyed mine. HR too high, but certainly not out of my comfort zone. Probably 5-10 BPM higher than the start of the year.
    Just under an hour in the fitness suite this pm.
  • Hiya
    Wabo - an interesting 5 miler!
    OH - smashing photos, hope its like that next month when I 'm back up there...
    Ale - good work in the fitness suite!
    Chick - don;t worry too much, you did 800s yesterday, today was always going to be a lighter one
    Hazel - always put off to tomorrow what you don't want to do today! Good luck with the repping

What - 8 miles trail earlier plus kids coaching shortly
    Why - first run in a new age category  ;)
    last rest - 14/08
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - think so!

• Happy birthday, Dustin! Enjoy the new age group!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ooh happy birthday Dustin! I do like a new age category
  • One minute too late, but happy birthday Dustin