Saturday 18th September 2021 XXXX, ma belle

Morning! 

Lyrics: XXXX, ma belle
Sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble

Yesterday's lyrics were  Ava Maria. Third Maria in a row! But not today.

What: 6-7km later

Why: mlr

parkrun anyone? Or race?

Is it your race today, Wabo?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Bonjour!

No racing for me this weekend. I think Wabo has her race today Ale.

More nice pics yesterday from OH, Els!

Hope you find the time to get out for a run chamolk. Almost tapering time then.

What: recovery
    Why: MLR yesterday, long tomorrow.
    Last rest: 30.03.20.

Lyrics: non!
  • Family growing - we are now 4 reunited with Lund and Zürich divisions.
    Drive to Lancaster and back (see above)
    Driving at time of parkrun so no.
    Easy day yesterday with swim in Crummock Water. Maybe boating today.
    Lyrics yes
  • Sorry, busy work day yesterday, so I didn't get around to posting.

Enjoy the family reunion, OH and Els.

Good luck if you're racing, Wabo

Did you go to parkrun, Ale? I opted for a lie-in. Last week killed me fair and quare. 

Enjoy your miles, Hazel

I managed to run 7 miles yesterday and 5 today. 

And yes to lyrics. 

Have a great weekend, all. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Afternoon!

Glad that your numbers are swelling, OH/Els! Any issues for the youngsters after travelling from abroad?

Still getting decent miles in, Chick! And no parkrun here either: felt there was more value in a steady run as it took me most of the week to recover from the last one, and I didn't even feel as if I had run that hard!

What: just over 7k. Perfect conditions with little breeze and around 20 degrees.

Why: that currently counts as a MLR, i.e. 2/3rd to 3/4 of the long run. 

re lyrics, should have said that the lyrics are verse two being a translation of verse one. Have been singing it off and on all day!

Race report, Wabo, please!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Youngest looking pretty good after 04:45 start from Zürich this morning.
  • Pretty smooth passage for both into UK.
    -3d and +2d PCR for both.
    Heading north again tomorrow (near Peebles) for further family expansion ...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Lyrics yes
    Great photos once again oh and els looks like fun!
    Race report!! Well this morning I found out my three g and t's were doubles so that was worrying ha ha.
    Met my friends at the station, big group of us, rainbow tattoos and all sorts going on. 
    Got to venue, dropped off bags and headed to the start. It's 3 laps and I may admit to thinking on the first one, 2 more groan!!! But u know this course, it's flat and I got my best ever 10k there many years ago. I wanted to get below an hour really but I think how I've run lately that was ambitious. I spent a lot of the run really thinking about my falling over and trying to lift my feet more which felt hard for me!! You know how you have people in the race who you need to beat? Mine was a very young girl in bright pink leggings who kept walking then wihizzing past, the last mile I really found hard but kept digging in, it wasn't my slowest to be fair. So with about 400 metres to go miss pink leggings was on a walk again so I thought, right track sessions head on!!! Beat her. Didn't actually see her finish. I did 1.01.39. I'm not unhappy at all!! It was hot, we all said that. It was such a lovely event and so nice to be with a lovely big group. I'm going back there in November to go under the hour! 
    Alehouse nice mileage!
    Chicksta great stuff
    Hazel hope you had a nice recovery run. 
    I'll post some pics in a mo

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can