Sunday 26th September 2021 Swinging down the street so fancy-free

Morning!

Lyrics: Swinging down the street so fancy-free
Nobody you meet could ever see the loneliness there inside you

Yesterday's were The Beatles with Lucy in the sky with diamonds

What: a few Kms whilst helping at Great Manchester run

Why: should have time before, during, after. Currently sitting typing at the side of the road at The Etihad! Breezy and cool at present.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Well done for helping out Ale.  Hope the conditions stay decent for it.  

Have a nice Sunday all.

What: some sort of long run - haven't decided on route yet, waiting for breakfast to digest.
    Why: time for a long one after all
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Rest day here today after yesterday's long run. My calf is feeling a bit tight. Gone are the days where I can rest after a long run, yesterday I walked carrying a child for a few km, kicked a ball around and threw a child in the air... All good cross training I suppose.

Lyrics: yes

Hope weather remains good for your marshalling ale

Lovely to get that comment hazel
  • Rather unlikely for me to get such a comment anytime soon, Hazel 😉 I'm getting an occasional wolf-whistle from construction crews but that's about it.

Nice run yesterday, Em. Hope the calf behaves.

Enjoy the marshalling, Ale.

It was the Berlin marathon today. Had my bets on Bekele but he only came third. Nice to see a proper big race in telly. It's been a while.

A little over 8 miles run. Still warm, stil windy. Not tummy issues today, but my left knee felt a bit off. Sigh.
  • These bloomin left knees chick! Mine has improved..swelling gone but still a bit sore!
    No one will call me speedy Hazel.
    Not brave enough to parkrun but did slightly regret it when met some friends at the finish. Ah well next time we're down.
    Peter heading home and R at the airport. I'm left behind as travelling to Bristol Tues. Run in glentress forest this morning..hilly and I was a bit unsure which were the walking and which the MTB trails but think I got it right.
    Babysitting so C and B can go MTB ING this afternoon 
    Hope I'm an acceptable substitute for a few hours!
    Ale..nice helping out!

• Afternoon!

Hope your knee issue disappears quickly, Chick! And good that you can run on yours, Els!

That was a big run yesterday, Emz!  Which half marathon? 

And talking of half marathons, wonder how Wabo got on

I enjoyed the speedy comment, Hazel! Doubt that I will ever get any more of those!

4k run in bits between races to bring up 27.5 for the week. Down on what I had hoped but did include one faster run and one hilly outing which I am still recovering from. Both the uphill and down, Hazel!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.