Monday 27th September 2021 Went to a dance, looking for romance

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    A few deserted Jersey beaches plus the amphibian that goes across land and sea to the local castle, above.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hiya
    Ale -  nice pics and hope you get a run out with M76
    OH - yay on the park run, shame Els missed out
    EMZ - good work on the hill session, hoping the calf is behaving today
    Hazel - training going very well at the moment
    Busy weekend so apologies for not posting. Saturday was a 10 miler , off road at marathon pace then down to Southampton with friends for the evening.
    Yesterday was a pootle up to Milton Keynes for the road relays. I was TM but took the kit, just in case..
    Kids did well and our senior ladies came 5th. All 12 for the Senior Men A & B teams turned up, so rather than sit and mope I did two laps of the 5k course, one out after leg 1 runners set off at a "faster" pace, and then a second more sedate loop in reverse to greet /cheer/support the leg 2 runners. Pootled up and down a stretch of the course to see our other runners before jogging back to the track for the finishers. 
    Annoyed now that I didn't submit a team for the vets so I could have at least have a recorded time, but seemed a bit of a waste of an entry fee if it was just me.....
    What - easy lunchtime 
    Why - recovery 
    last hard - weekend (tiring - I must be getting old...)
    last rest - 14/08
    lyric - yes indeedy
  • Morning again!

All sounds good, Dustin!

What: 66 minutes, largely off road

Why: what M76 wanted. Delayed the run by an hour but still got wet. You don't notice after the first ten minutes! Mud splashed legs for the first time in a while!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Great photos alehouse!!! Is m76 there as well? That's cool
    Dustin that's nice you ran and cheered, shame about the vets team!! 
    Also had a busy weekend. Park run easy on Saturday, really lovely. But then on Sunday the hackney half, what a stroll down memory lane! Not one road I didn't know and memories on most!! 
    So I started out quite nice 10+ mm first few miles. Then at 6 the right foot started to ache and go numb. That didn't fully go away, at 10 miles I passed my cousin's house and speed to stretch a bit. Then cracked on. The last three miles were tough, not going to lie but I was passed by a fellow club mate and he said he just felt like stopping! Staggered kind of start so him being behind me had no real bearing! He was 10 + mins faster. The next pick me up was seeing my lovely club mates at about mile 11, they said I looked really good like I was having fun, I should take up acting!! That last couple was just about digging in, legs fine just my blooming feet so uncomfortable. Finish time 2.24.11 I expected similar, but 2 mins quicker than 5 years ago and it was really warm. Saw so many collapsed runners, very upsetting. Not sure if I would do more than 10k to be honest with my feet playing up 

What 1.35 gentle run checking out petrol stations
    Why very low and can't go anywhere
    Last hard yesterday tbh
    Last rest 24/7
    Aching and tired today
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Well toughed out yesterday, Wabo. I bet the real hard part was the footie score...
    Photos were from last week. Back now!
  • Well done, wabo. Definitely too hot for racing yesterday. Ugh, foot pain 😣 I can relate.

Wow, such beautiful pics, ale. The second one has a Carribbean vibe 🌴🥥

Busy weekend, Dustin.

I stalked the Berlin marathon results for my age group out of curiosity. Winning W50 time was 2:39 🤯 blimey. Read up on her and she holds a bunch of German national W45 titles. Wow.

A muggy 6 miles for me. Uncomfortable weather but at least my knee didn't grumble.

Hope yours is ok too, Els.
  • Quiet day after long drive home yesterday.
    Poured down all today and house very quiet (home alone).

Lyrics no

Nice photos AH
    Fuel and no queues at pumps today.

No appointment for spinal surgeon yet :'(
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Long q for petrol but happy to say I have some
    Alehouse did you like how I erased the football score from my mind??? 
    I only did 1.35 miles today, quite tired and achy. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can