Comrades 2022

Comments

• Mark: I put in my entry for LL100 (goal race!) then discovered I will be in Wisconsin when it starts - it will be the first in-person conference for the organisation I now work for in 3 years, so I really can't not be there or leave the conference early. I emailed and asked to be taken out the ballot but I was too late so I got an email saying I had got in, and I couldn't take it. Frustrating, but that's life. I'll try for LL100 for 2023. Meanwhile, if I enter SDW100 and NDW100 that will give me two chances for next year's WSER qualification.
    Lowrez: I'm already entered for NDW50!
  • Hello all, I hope all is generally well. I don't seem to have received an email for some reason, but I saw the press release so thought I'd come catch up on here!

This motivation has come at a good time for me. Need to get over a terrible bout of flu first, but I'm 2 stone overweight and quite stuck in a rut at work, so having next August as a target is a right boon. Long road back to even marathon but every journey etc etc. 

I'm still very sceptical about international runners next year, and I don't even have a current passport, but at least now I can dream! Onwards and upwards....
  • New Comrades date could be awkward - I potentially have Comrades 28 Aug, Ultra Tour Monte Rosa 1-3 Sept, Tor des Geants 11-17 Sept - that’s 4 weekends back-to-back...
  • Johnny, come and do K2B on May 7th, 40 miles on road through The Lake District... you will have to wear a dress and we will call you Debra :D Sounds like a great day out to me.
  • Debra: what have you done with place then, can it be transferred to another runner? 
  • 1owrez said:
    Johnny, come and do K2B on May 7th, 40 miles on road through The Lake District... you will have to wear a dress and we will call you Debra :D Sounds like a great day out to me.
    I've been called a lot worse! K2B definitely sounds like an option if I can get my arse in gear 

I wonder what the qualification criteria might be for next year- I saw something from Bruce Hargreaves on Facebook saying they are going to be "relaxed". 
  • Johnny, I want to see you fit again, so we will let you wear pants and call you Johnny, I will put you on the K2B list, hmm, I better write a list... goes out to buy more smokes...
  • I keep running into Bruce, he was in Tasmania encouraging peeps to break 5 hours when I ran Hobart (The Cadbury Marathon).
  • PeterDHM do you fancy the K2B?

• I think we have:-
    1owrez
    Slow Duck
    baldstan
    Peter R
    Becca7
    JAR
    johnny1984
    Southern Snail

We can have up to 12 in a team the first 10 of which will produce a result which might mean we get the accolade for first team home etc.
  • Thanks for the invite lowrez, but I'm not sure I will be back in the UK in May, I need to check my schedule for next year!
  • Morning all, hope everyone is well.

If it's in August I'll not be there either. Trying to plan my leave for next year and not sure Comrades will figure. Haven't left Dubai in nearly 2 years and haven't been home in 3.
  • Mark: they don't allow transfers, so I simply didn't accept and pay for my place - which means it will have gone through to the charity places. It was the best I could do in the circumstances. I did -try- to tell them not to put me in the ballot, but apparently when my email went through the entries organisation people were away at another event and didn't see it in time.
  • Mr Dubai, drop into the UK in May and do the K2B, you can have a great family holiday in The Lakes :) 
    Catch you in 2023 PeterDHM :) 
  • Ah yes, that is the 'unwanted' collection which generally go in the charity ballot. Shame you can't do it for sure, but Wisconsin will be great too.
    Lowrez put me on list for this adventure in the Lakes please. :)
  • Blimey Mark - that sounds majorly complicated. Sorry to hear you are having all these things  I can only wish you well, first to get your fundamental health back, then to get back to running.  Good luck.

28th August - my late Mother's birthday - will give me a few emotions beside the usual.

Anyone doing London this weekend?
  • Me! Me! I'm doing London :):):) 
  • K2B Team for Saturday 7th May 2022 (we need 12 so please ask to be added):-
    1owrez
    Slow Duck
    baldstan
    Peter R
    Becca7
    JAR
    johnny1984
    Southern Snail
    MARK A ALDERSON
  • Thanks Bike It, nice of you. I am doing things (atm, possibly) the other way round, running London slowly then to take some time out, hibernate a little bit then come back stronger....
  • What Wave are yers Mark? I is Blue 14.
  • Good luck for London, Lowrez, Mark A and anyone else running it.
    Lowrez, I -might- be able to jog K2B gently as a final training run before NDW50, but I'll have to think about it.
  • Yo yo yo, Debra is in da house :) 
  • K2B Team for Saturday 7th May 2022 (we need 12 so please ask to be added):-
    1owrez
    Slow Duck
    baldstan
    Peter R
    Becca7
    JAR
    johnny1984
    Southern Snail
    MARK A ALDERSON
    Debra Bourne (thinking about jogging it)
  • Good luck lowrez and anyone else running London this weekend, should be a great spectacle I can't wait
  • I wish, my daughter is doing the mini marathon on Sunday morning so we'll be up there and I have a spot on Upper Thames St that I like to go to
  • Ditto anyone running London or Chester or any other run / race - enjoy!
  • Good luck to your daughter! Hmm Upper Thames? Gets kinds tunnely  around there, or should I say "built over" by what though I can never figure out. Is it around mile 23/24? You are starting to get into the joyous feeling that the finish is within reach, if only you could keep going :D  Brain Research UK are a little further down opposite the golden RAF eagle, probably not called Upper Thames by then though.
  • Did I mention I am running 4.5 marathons concurrently :) London proper (unless this life is just a simulation, but lets not get into that), and, Chester virtual full and half marathons, and Hull virtual, and Toronto virtual. I could have added the US Marine Corps and another yankee one I forget the name of, but I had to tell myself to stop :D they are damned expensive races!
  • Then in 3 weeks time I am running (the last :( ) Liverpool Rock n Roll 5k (Saturday) and marathon (Sunday) to face off against Toronto half and 5k races, I just need a 10k in the bag which I'll probably put in during training and I can claim the complete "Toronto Shebang" :D the full marathon, half, 10k and 5k need claiming before October ends (where are Green Day when you need them, already a month too late)