Thursday 20th September 2021 When we were at school, our games were simple

Morning!

Lyrics: When we were at school, our games were simple
I played a janitor, you played a monitor

Yesterday's were Cecelia, Simon and Garfunkel

What: short run, long stretch

Why: easy day running-wise. And wet and windy.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Seems like an appropriate run for that weather Ale.  

You are doing quite a bit of travelling Els.  Bristol to Orkney must be quite a journey.

Hope the sore bits are from the apple collection rather than the running OH. Fingers crossed the money arrives quickly.

Just imagining you doing your reps in flippers Dustin. 

What: yesterday's speedwork
    Why: getting it done.  Niggles are getting better - not used to hiking at the moment
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Afternoon!

Quiet!

Be careful if you are starting to get niggles, Hazel! You have plenty of training in the bank: better be 5% undertrained rather than 5% over; lots to lose now but not a lot to gain!
    Says he who has really niggly hips this week! A dilemma whether to stretch and strengthen or be gentle with them: currently working on the former!

Yes, a long journey home, Els

What: just over 25 minutes from ED Tesco and around Burnage parkrun area

Why: went to the supermarket on the way back from 45 minutes at the fitness suite. Lots of focus on glutes, quads, hamstrings to try to get them to do more work rather than the hip flexors. 

135k, or just under 84 miles for September. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Just back from morning's surgery 
    Windy and cool.
    Physio shortly
    Lyrics no
  • Been needled at physio ...
  • Accupuncture, OH? I remember having needles in my hand for a neck problem...and promptly dozed off!

Pouring here now and localised flooding. M60 closed. Glad to have got my run in when I did!
  • Hiya
    Hazel - I'll echo Ale's words...be careful
    What - 5 easy at lunchtime, a few more later + strides before kids coaching
    Why - easing off - have the local half marathon on Sunday. Not racing it but equally I don't want to be too tired for it!
    Last rest - 14/08
    last hard - Tuesday night
    lyric - don't think so today
  • Confusing thread date today ;) 

Sorry for not posting yesterday and the day before. Trying to finish a shedload of work before we go on holiday.

I ran 10 and 6 miles but nowt today. Horribly wet and windy and didn't fancy being blown into the river so I hit the gym and the elliptical as well as some decent s&c. 

276k for the month - up from 190 in August :) 

Catch up tomorrow or perhaps at the weekend when we arrive at our destination.
  • Apologies for the date, Chick! I hadn't noticed and too late to change it now! Big progress with your Kms! I'd be happy with 190 in October! Bit of a stretch target! Sounds like our weather there today! Travel well!
  • Giggle - didn't notice the date either..   Just went with Thursday at the top of the thread list..

I hear you Ale and Dustin.  

That is a good jump in distance chicksta.  Where are you off to on holiday?

Good plan for preparing for Sunday Dustin - maybe do some MP miles if you aren't racing it?

Weather doesn't sound nice further north.  We currently have reasonably warm and sunny, some areas have wind warnings for the next days with strong south winds crashing in over the Alps and it might well break down into a soggy mess soon.  

Speed duly done this evening - funny how much harder an extra 200m will make each rep.  (4 x 1200m rather than 5 x 1000).  Niggles seem to have sorted themselves - just slightly grumbly Achilles but improving and depends on the shoes.  I am currently phasing out the probably culprits.

267 miles in September (265 in August) - looking forward to reducing it in the taper and then a couple of easy months.