Sub 3h15

Comments

• SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭
    You can't choose your nationality based on your food tastes OO!

Fairly chilled here - though still not keen on the wind forecasts!

8K recovery run this morning with 6 sets of 100m strides.  

Weighed in at 69Kg - so 1Kg below Abingdon weight and a new race low.  
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Good wishes to all of you from this decrepit has-been :)     I'll second Poacher's advice, too  ;)                                      
  • I had a lie-in this morning which was a rare treat. Negative test all sorted, thankfully. Kitbag etc more or less packed. Will nip down to London tomorrow to get some pet food ;)
    SBD - I weighed myself this morning and I put a couple of pounds on yesterday :)
    Birch - you're just very mature :) And you must be very proud of your son. I read your Berlin race report last night and that's an amazing achievement - just incredible.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Nice weight sbd. I weighed yesterday, a touch lighter than Dorney so a race low for me also. I dont bother once I've started carb loading. 

Lat flow done and logged. Just the packing to sort. Wind forecast has improved quite a lot from yesterday's forecast. I saw someone say as well that last 6m out of canary wharf would be a tail wind, which is when it's at its forecast strongest. 
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭
    Blue Start
    CC2 (Champs 9.30am) - 235 - 2.58
    DT (Wave 2, 9:36) - 26736 - 2:49

Yellow Start (Red), Wave 1 (9:30am)
    SBD -  23668 -   2:52
    OO -   26494 -   2:59:59
    Gul -   25777 -   3:05
    G-D -  27843 -   2:59:59
    TR -    26016 - < 3:00:00

Red Start
    Stevie - (Wave 1, 9:33?) - 25604 - 2:44
  • I am about 4 lbs heavier then pre berlin but nothing I can do about it now!

Expo yesterday to collect my number, very quiet and seemed sparse compared to the last time I went (2018). Glad I didn't have to fight the Saturday crowds though. 

Just a 2m shakeout tomorrow now before the journey down. Definitely feeling more nervous then before previous marathons but I think its just because of the 2 year gap inbetween races!
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Leaving in 20 minutes and what should drop through letterbox but my kit bag to drop off. 

Weather forecast now falls into the category of 'perfect'. 
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Have a good journey down, DT. Looking forward to seeing that sharp race day hair cut as you pass me and then later in the pub (pint of Neck Oil, please).

3 and a half mile shake out here. Tried a couple of strides but all sorts of weird niggles appeared so just continued to plod. I find it hard to run really slow unless it's a Saturday morning LSR, so can't gauge anything from the run, not that you can anyway at this stage.

Good luck, everyone!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Yes Expo was quiet and well organised. In and out in 30 mins. Martin Yelling was speaking on the platform but I just blanked him 😅.
     Ive been snacking so feeling a bit loaded. Looking forward to a shake out parkrun tomorrow and not feeling at all nervous....yet.
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Gul - thanks; yes indeed !  
  • There's an article on Runner's World about the app and it also mentions nominating 2 spectators to track your actual location (see below). Anyone managed to find this in the app - it says below navigate to GPS permission on the app home screen.... Can anyone see that? I have managed to find 'Login for Virtual Supporters' under Settings where spectators verify access to your location, but nothing for the runners to allow GPS permission in the first place.
    "Friends and family will be able to track your progress along the official London Marathon course, but you can only also choose two spectators to view your actual location. Navigate to ‘GPS permission’ on the app home screen and enter the email addresses of the two spectators you would like to share your live location with. Entries need to be submitted by 2 October at 23:59. Remember to turn on live location before you start your run – this module won’t be accessible once your race has started."
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Gul, just FYI, this will only work if carrying phone (just to save wasting your time ilookung at it if you werent)

G dawg, its pretty sharp, even skimmed over the eye brows. 
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Speedy: Sharpie markers have never let me down when I've used them to write splits on my arm.  I even have a system of black for my standard 5km splits and then red for the splits where I also plan to take a gel.
  • All the numbers plugged in to the tracker - expect a big whoop from me at the BHF cheerpoint in Surrey Quays just before the 9 mile marker (i.e. if you pass it without hearing me, I've missed you!) Looking forward to seeing DT's sharp cut.

Went with Mrs L to Expo on Weds evening so caught the last hour after running there from the office (just under 10 miles) and passing all the signs advising road closures around Poplar and the Commercial Rd - all feels very close now. Agree with those who weren't that impressed by Expo this year - seemed to be far fewer places sampling flapjacks and with inspiring pictures of overseas marathons! At least I managed to stock up on Beet shots.

Great to see Birch and Poacher on here

5 easy miles in the rain this morning as a recovery from yesterday evening's Club handicap run
  • Gul - As far as I understand the nominating two spectators to track you is only for the virtual marathon. Its unlimited if you are running the race. My fiance uses my Garmin live track to track me so I dont think my phone would take both being on at the same time!

I look forward to the cheer Lorenzo! 
  • Good luck to Mrs L. I will see you around 10:30 on Sunday, Lorenzo :)
    Thanks Stevie, I had just about come to the same conclusion myself. 
    All the best everyone. Maybe see some of you at the start before you all speed off into the distance. I can't believe it's nearly here now and I can finally finish my unfinished business from 2010 :)
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭
    4 mile recovery run this morning.  Switched the Garmin from metric to imperial and checked the gel belt sat OK.

So all set for tomorrow.  Weather looking good.  Should hopefully get to the Yellow start by 8:15am courtesy of the Chiltern Harriers Coach from Amersham.

Good luck everyone - be brave but not too ambitious early on.

Will hopefully catch a few of you in the yellow start area.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to Chandos as the family have arranged a post race restaurant celebration. But please have a drink on me!
  • SBD - thanks. Yes, weather looks good, but hold onto those ponchos just in case.
    Just about to set off for the railway station. Have a great race everyone. Can't wait!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Ill have my white cap and black hoody until start time, so should be an easy spot.

Did anyone end up with a chip on their rear name/number?

All the best folks, remember that youve done the hard bit, tomorrow is the lap of honour.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Tr, yes I'm double chipped which is good. 

The expo was somewhat quiet and underwhelming yesterday. Managed a good sleep last night, which is unusual for me in a hotel room. Probably won't be as restful tonight. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    DT - cheers, i think they messed mine up, i only have a chest chip, so I'll leave the rear name/number off.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to all of you tomorrow.  I look forward to tracking you and then hearing the stories behind the results!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I'm double chipped too. Do the put a 2nd medal in our bag or we collect it at the end?

Lovey new parkrun at Charlton today mainly on grass. Unfortunately the legs felt quite stiff which is a bit worrying for tomorrow.
  • Just queued for 1hr30 mins to drop back and pick up bibs :( Queue now is utterly bonkers. I think they will have to stay open late (or turn people away?!)
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Apparently they temporarily closed the excel now as too many in there. 

Oo, I asked yesterday and the lady confirmed to me she had put both medals in my bag. 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Thanks DT I think the whole Abbots thing has added confusion. TR is the second I've heard of with no chip on the bib. It's putting too much responsibility on volunteers. I bet there will be a few who forget to put the 2nd medal in the bag...

Sorry to hear that Gul you don't what pre race stress 🤞
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Don't stress Gul, rise above it.
    Good luck to all.

TR said:

All the best folks, remember that youve done the hard bit, tomorrow is the lap of honour.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    OO - i was expo day 1, so i bet theres more like me with only 1 chip. Just as long as the chest chip works and i get included in the main marathon, they can retrospectively fill in the world AG thing later......that expo news for today is poor......esp when they said no outdoor bag drop due to CV........hopefully it'll ensure that the on the day bag drop comes back next time.
  • Best of luck everyone!
  • GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    All the best guys and thanks for posting your numbers. Will be rooting for you all and I hope you all enjoy yourselves.  

Birch - nice to hear from you. Where can I read about your son’s Berlin achievements?