edited October 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: She ain't got no money
Her clothes are kinda funny
Her hair is kinda wild and free

Yesterday's were Sylvia's Mother, Dr Hook

What: 5k plus

Why: Saturday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Lyrics no but should have got yesterday's!
    Peter doing parkrun I think.
    Rerouting via Inverness as Aberdeen boat going to be dodgy and v rough tonight. Wouldn't think it looking at sea from the train though.
    Pretty tiring trip yesterday but eventually maade Edinburgh..up and out v early to catch train. Should be home 9 pm if all goes well so it no running from me. Hope to get out tomorrow.
    Have a good day all.
  • Morning again!

That is some journey, Els! Hope that the boat isn't too rough! And I suspect that you will know the lyrics once revealed!

Hope Wabo enjoyed parkrun, and OH, also. I did!

What: parkrun

Why: M76 had messaged me yesterday to say that he was going to his regular parkrun venue, so this morning I decided to join him...but he never arrived, not that it mattered. Started off relatively slowly (crowds, long grass) and gradually sped up. Latched onto a couple of guys who were talking away and asked if I could latch onto them as it seemed the right sort of pace. Was probably fairly gentle for them (one is running London marathon tomorrow) but perfect for me. Just over 26 minutes with splits of 5:33, 5:20. 5:19, 5:08, 5:00. Quite pleased with myself as that course is a good minute slower than a couple of the other local ones that I run.

Off for my flu jab now. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Great time Ale! Peter did 35 something so improved on his last one.
    Sure I may be kicking myself on Lyrics tomorrow! 
    Approaching Inverness.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes
    I really enjoyed the park run!
    Nice on oh as well
    Great running alehouse!!
    What 1.2 down to start, park run runback up to mum
    Why fun, I was second in my cat out of 5
    Last hard getting back up the hill to mum's
    Last rest 24/7
    Felt so strong on park run - it's a post half marathon thing I reckon! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Well done at parkrun, Wabo! 

I was only 5th in my age group!

And glad you parkran, also, OH.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale, Wabo, OH - well done with the park runs, 

What - rest day
    Why - unintended but with a half marathon tomorrow it was the sensible choice.
    Cleared some chores first thing, Bond film late morning followed by late lunch at a Greek Restaurant and back home to torrents of rain. No point in getting drenched for 3 miles with strides.
    last rest - today
    last hard - Tuesday 
    lyric - not so sure
  • Dustin...enjoy the HM tomorrow!!
    Last leg just boarded boat. All gone smoothly.
  • An epic journey, Els! I'm tired reading about it! 

Hope Chick's journey to her holiday was uneventful!

Go well tomorrow, Dustin!
  • Evening.

Hope you are more or less home by now Els after your long journey.

Good luck tomorrow Dustin. Was the Bond film good?

Shame you didn't get to meet M76 at parkrun after all Ale, nice progressive run.

Well done to Wabo and OH also.

Have a good Sunday all.

What: recovery, bit short of 7k
    Why: long tomorrow.
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no