Sunday 3rd October 2021 The lights shine down the valley

Morning!

Lyrics: The lights shine down the valley
The wind blows up the alley, oh
Well I wish I was...

Yesterday's were Love Grows where my Rosemary goes, Edison Lighthouse

What: short run, longer stretch

Why: ran fairly hard yesterday and will be running longer tomorrow
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Home sweet home!
    Bit of baking this morning , a run later.
    Lyrics yes and should have got yesterday's.
    Went for stroll by river Ness yesterday and met two of our local runners registering for Loch Ness marathon. Lots of Orkney folk running today, loch Ness, London  and three did Moray 100 yesterday. Ailsa was 3rd lady, poor Sarah had to drop out with an injury and Billy did a good time too!
    In awe!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Anyone marathoning today? I'm watching London and it's making me crave my next one...when will it be?

19.5 km this morning, meant to be 18 but got quite lost.

Rewarded with coffee and cinnamon roll as I ran to a bakery!

Sorry for being AWOL, life is a bit crazy.

Have a great Sunday
  • Well done Emz! Do you have a half planned?

Glad you are back, Els!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yeah wyre forest in November. Trail and incredibly hilly
  • Sounds too tough for me, Emz!
  • Just a swim in surf for me today.
    Was quite sore after parkrun yesterday
    Good to have Els back home
    lyrics no
  • Evening.

Glad you got home well Els. What did you bake and has OH left us others anything?

Sorry to hear you are in pain after yesterday's parkrun OH.

Nice to see you thinking of maras Emz. Seems you have the distance sorted for your half especially with getting lost. Are you doing plenty of hills in training?

Hope you had a nice run Ale.

What: 35k LSR
    Why: needed that for the head and the legs
    Last hard: that was a bit
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • That is some run, Hazel! I presume that that will be the longest that you will go! Soon be cotton wool time!
  • Phew Hazel.  Some run!
    Emz...good run from you too.
    Only made granola and cheese scones Hazel.
    Then tried to go for a run in the 40mph wind this afternoon and wimped out after 2.5m...so tired could hardly keep my eyes open...I have no idea why.
    Good to be home, v bad to have no energy.
    Hey ho have to remember how to work in the morning!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - epic LSR! I'm a 007 fan, but yes, think this latest one is one of the best ones yet. It's long (2h45) but it certainly didn't feel like it. 
    Emz - nice tun, your half sound right up my street.
    Els - Loch Ness mara on my (ever growing) bucket list.

What - Local (Basingstoke) Half marathon
    Why - on my doorstep
    last rest - yesterday 
    last hard - that was

Now in it's 10th year, this is obviously a hugely popular half (and 10k) with my club. Numbers down on previous years, apparently there was another race up the road in London...
    Not the easiest of routes, all road but there are 3-4 big climbs - all relative I know - but it has about 900ft of climbing - London has about 350 over twice the distance. I always expect to be 3-4 minutes down on a flat road time. 
    Wasn't quite sure how to run it or what to expect. Sure I've been running but not sure the speed was there. Set off aiming for sub 1:45 pace to see how the early miles went. First two in 7.40s (oops) but that is flat road out of town. The next two include a long , mile plus drag uphill (ave 8.15s). Mile 5 is undulating , 6 all steady descent (7.30,7.00), 7 & 8 are undulating and back up again (7.45,8.05) 9 & 10 again undulating (both ~7.30). 
    Hit 10 miles and realized I needed a sub 22:30 last 5k to dip under 1:40. Mile 11 is net downhill then it's the first two miles in reverse back to the finish. 6.45,6.59,7.15 and then the run in. 1.39.29 so job done and a mark in the sand to move on from.
    I guess consistency and some hill training will always ensure a solid base.
    Loved being back racing again and mojo restored, Manchester marathon is exactly 6  months away....