Monday 4th October 2021 Well you came and you gave without taking,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Well you came and you gave without taking, 
But I sent you away, oh ...

Sutherland Brothers and Quiver with Lying in the Arms of Mary

What: long run

Why: Monday run with M76. Forecast is not good!

Excellent last 5k, Dustin
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Hope the company distracts you from the bad weather Ale.  Yep - yesterday's long run was the longest I will go - I like to have one such done, makes the distance less daunting on the day.  Four weeks to go yesterday so will be tapering soon - have a week's holiday during the taper but also still have one week in hand compared to the plan I was following.

Congratulations on your HM Dustin.  Great to set off with your eye on a time and do much better.  Good strong finish too. 

Don't blame you for wimping out in that wind Els.  Hope work starts gently today.

What: short recovery - around 30mins likely
    Why: no need for longer today, just to get the blood moving around the legs a bit - likely to be stiff after sitting at my desk
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Thanks for the comments!
    Ale - enjoy the long run
    Hazel - good work getting the long stuff done, take it easy!
    What - same as Hazel
    Why - get the legs moving again
    last rest - 02/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - not sure I should admit it, but yes  :D 

• Morning again!

What: 75 minutes with M76 d&d

Why: his plan. Longest since mid January! A mix of heavy drizzle and sunshine. Probably two thirds off road.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics yes also.
    Good long run Ale!
    Dustin Loch Ness is a good marathon...done it many times but the last time was a pain as all the buses to start got delayed, event started about an hour late and was v busy. Preferred it in quieter times. They seem to have changed the finish a little this year but a lovely scenic route. Accommodation in Inverness is also difficult that weekend...book early!
    Hazel...easy day today?
    Sitting in clinic,actually quite nice to be back but a full day ahead and a bit of a cold but lft all good so will see if Ianage a run tonight.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    What: hopefully Monday club
    Why: Mondays are a tough day!
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Wow amazing yesterday Dustin!  Well done.  I am also eyeing up Manchester, though I'm so slow at the moment I'm not sure I should be running marathons!

Hazel that was a fantastic long run.  Which marathon are you doing?

Els that baking sounds good.  Hope today goes ok.

Ale great long run from you too!

Thinking club tonight then ease off for my 10km on Sunday...not run a 10km race since possibly 2018 or so...maybe 2017 even...I'm a bit nervous!

Have a lovely day all
  • Afternoon!

Take it easy, Emz: you ran a long way yesterday!

Wonder how Chamolk is doing? If you are reading are you still doing Manchester half on Sunday? What time is your start? They seem ridiculously early! 

Went for a blood test in bright sunshine; torrential now!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening
    I know two names that fit these lyrics
    Emzap enjoy Monday club
    Alehouse nice long run! 
    Hazel hope the 30 recovery was ok
    What nice forest 3.6 with oh this morning
    Why his birthday and we're in holiday 
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 24/7
    Off to Wales weds for a few days break 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Enjoy the week, Wabo! And I had totally forgotten re the lyrics and two names!
  • Swim #1
    Flu Jag
    Bit of cooking
    Swim #2
    Cut grass
    Monday night 5k (completed by me for the first time in a while)
    So a full day

Lyrics no

All this talk of marathons ...
    Still wondering if my 24th was to be my last marathon.
    (No word of appt yet although spinal surgeon is up in Orkney next week.)
  • Sounds like a busy day, OH! And I would be nagging spinal surgeon's secretary, appointments clerk or anybody else who might listen!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Club was good but tough. Gave me confidence in my hill running though.

20 min out and back. Out is down a big hill, have to turn at 20 min and get back to start. Did it with 10 sec to spare so really happy with that!

Oh what's happened with your back?
  • Possibly should have done nagging, AH, but clinic is likely now fully booked for next week which puts any appt back to December ...
    emzap - Left sided impact pain (+ left leg weakness) essentially stopping me running (and a lot of other physical activities too) for the last 18m. Initially confused with kidney stone pain which was at same site. MRI shows nerve compression at L4/5 disc which probably accounts for symptoms.
  • FB/Messenger/WhatsApp outage shows how many of us rely on this one company.