Tuesday 5th October 2021 Just like a rollin' stone

Morning!

Lyrics: Just like a rollin' stone
I'm outside lookin' in

Remember we are looking for a girl's name in the title!

Yesterday's lyrics were Brandy, Scott English. Barry Manilow then had a hit with the same lyrics, except for changing the name to Mandy. Thanks for the reminder, Wabo!

What: short run, long stretch

Why: ran long yesterday

Forecast is not good...
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Sore after run last night
    Coffee with (currently not swimming) swimming friend then review with dentist.
    Possibly swim this evening.

Lyrics no

• Morning

Good long run yesterday Ale. 

Hope your cold doesn't get too bad Els.

I'm running Lucerne on 31.10. Emzap.  I can appreciate your apprehension about the 10k after a long break.  Good club session yesterday and wise to take a few easy days before Sunday.

Hope your OH had a lovely day yesterday Wabo.  Holiday in Wales sounds nice - where are you off to?

Hope you get an appointment sooner rather than later OH. 

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: another no.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Just a walk today for the nursery run. Legs are sore after long run then club but in a good way.

Oh I didn't realise the pain was still there. Thought the kidney stones was all it was. Sorry to hear that. Enjoy your coffee and catch up

Hazel oh lovely. Is it around the lake?

Re running with people in races... What would you do? I'm likely to be faster than the friend who's asked, but don't want to say that then struggle and finish slower!

Lyrics: nope but I do know yesterday's now!

Have a lovely day all
  • Afternoon all!
    Lyrics back to no.
    Emz..start with friend but agree to go at your own paces and first one finished waits at end. Then noone feel they're holding the other back!
    Not long now Hazel.
    I'm fine today ...just as well as needing to up the long runs again.set out for 15m,realised had left my phone at home so looped back at 5 miles...ended up ideal length at 15.2m but the inganess trail which has been dry all summer is back to its 3inch deep mud in places. Hosed down the feet and trainers on return!
    Did loop run last night...joined mid way by R the radiographer on the mammography bus from Aberdeen. Planning a short run with her tomorrow evening.
    Cool sunny day here, perfect for a run, last night a few too many flies!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - ahh , I only know the Barry Manilow version 
    What - 4 easy at lunchtime, club session tonight
    why - had to get out, work doing my head in, routine post marathon session
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - Sunday or tonight...
    lyric - not so sure today
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    What Elspeth doesn't say is that we once started running Lochaber "Dirty 30" together -
    At 10miles we agreed to separate, either that or it might have been using a solicitor to achieve the same! :wink:
    I think we can honestly say we've never finished a race together!

Good swim today - about 600m around the Churchill Barrier 3 wreck

Appt update - Spoke to hospital: spinal surgeon didn't come up this month but is coming mid November - but with no guarantee I'll be on that clinic list.
  • For Dustin...lime and courgette cake.
  • Just for Dustin? Plenty for the rest of us too!  

Lime and courguette sounds like an interesting mix.. 
  • Yes plenty for everyone! Not had a bit yet but my daughter made it when I was there and enjoyed it!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh that sounds lovely! I need to get back to baking more...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Very clever with the lyrics today, I know the name again.....
    Mmmm lime and Courgette will be good I bet. My oh cooks something and chops Courgette really small and it seems sweet when he cooks it. 
    Re yesterday's song, brandy was a favourite of mine long ago
    Hope group run was good hazel, we're off to Llangollen, we love the place! 
    Ale House hope  run was good
    So many friends getting Covid who are double jabbed, it's just mad! 
    What not much, 1.25
    Why sore throat, tested negative phew
    Last hard the run today and lots of work
    Last rest 24/7
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els nice running and baking! The forest is getting very wet too
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Glad that someone knows the lyrics, Wabo! Run was hard work, yet short; an hour's stretching was probably easier, just. 
    And courgettes and lime cake is a recipe to be tried...if I could have a copy please, Els!

Had a message asking me to work the next three days, so may not be a great deal of time for running...or setting lyrics!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.