Sunday 10th October 2021 The moment I met you, I swear

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: The moment I met you, I swear
I felt as if something, somewhere
Had happened to me
Which I couldn't see

Remember we are looking for a girl's name!

Yesterday's were Peggy Sue, by Buddy Holly and The Crickets

I had a message to say that LMH is active over on Fetch, particularly on the Covid threads. Thanks Tikka!

Hope Chick is getting the miles in on holiday!

I wonder if Chamolk is about to run the Manchester Half!

Go well today, Emz: we look forward to the report! Meant to say well done to Lucas for volunteering!

What: something easy plus stretches

Why: will go longer tomorrow probably
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning! Lyrics yes.
    Another gloomy looking day with 40mph winds forecast for later.
    Trying to work out when to fit a long run in ...bit of a busy week for an old retired fogey at work!
    Emz...go well!
    Hazel...smooth travels...mist of our Swiss journeys have been by train !
    Not on fetch I'm afraid and wouldn't message as wouldn't want to intrude but glad LMH doing well.
    Church and meeting up with non running friend for lunch today.

• Morning again...and a bright, sunny one, if a little chilly. Perfectly still here!
    I'm sure LMH would appreciate a message, Els! Hope you can fit the long run in somehow in the next day or two. I'm just about to look at the bus timetable to look at the logistics of getting a bus and running back like I did a couple of years ago: they've probably changed the timetable!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Oh my god ale how did I not get yesterday's!?! Big buddy Holly fan here!

What: alcester 10km
    Why: it's time to start racing again
    Last hard: the last km of that but I had so so so much fun.
    Lyrics: no but I'll probably kick myself!

Had a good night's sleep last night and was up in plenty of time for a non stressful breakfast and drive. Lucas excited to go on an adventure with mummy and daddy but I don't think he really understood!

Car parking a bit ridiculous. Run by children (literally) who made us pay even though it was meant to be a voluntary donation! Luckily we had some money in the car but I did complain about this as we easily may not have done and they were told to stop asking people.

Picked up number and went for a little walk. Found my running club and they entertained Lucas a bit before the start. I started with some club mates who were expecting to run around the hour mark as I was aiming for an hour(but realistically expecting 1:05 or so.

Started off, ran past hubby (who cheered) and Lucas (who didn't notice me as he was distracted by a man dressed as a sandwich!). Wanted to run at 6min/km as that would have far surpassed any of my recent running. The first few hundred metres were through the town then out into the countryside.

1km was done in 5:40, need to slow down but I'm feeling really comfortable! So slow it down a bit, 2km in 5:45, ok slow down more, I can't do this for 10km, but it's feeling really comfortable.  3km 5:50 this is better but still need to slow down, I know there's a hill around 5km and need to save energy!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    4km 5:50 hmm really need to slow down, I'm on post baby pb pace for 5km, surely I'm going to burn out. Until this point it was gently undulating but no big hills at all but I had heard about the big hill at mile 3.  So held back a bit. 5km, 28:25, post baby 5km pb...interesting, I really hope I don't crash and burn!

Running along ok, I'd taken on some water at 4km as it was hot and my mouth was feeling dry, and I'd started to flag a bit, but when I got to 5km I thought I can easily do this again. I hit the big hill. It really wasn't that big, so I managed to run slowly up it. The countryside was beautiful which did help, I was eyeing up the views and the houses!  6km 6:30 not bad given the hill. It was also not flat/Downhill from the top of that hill as I'd been promised, it was very definitely undulating. But I kept going. 7km was a bit slower in 6:05 I think due to the few unexpected uphill sections, nothing big but I was expecting flat. Then 8km was around 5:55 again. I knew from 8km it was downhill or flat as we'd passed that on the drive in so I pushed from there down to the carpark which was at 9km. Loads of people were walking by this point but I was determined to keep going. Really pushing now as my legs were protesting, but I turned the corner and pushed some more. I must have been running hard as I couldn't sprint as fast as normal, but finished in around 58:30, official time tbc.  Lucas and hubby cheering me on just after 9km really spurred me on!

I am so happy and this has made me realise I want to target more road races so off to see what else I can find!

• Great report, Emz! And we'll done! Onwards and upwards!

Today's run brought up 36.5 km for the week. Highest since the last week in January. Onwards and upwards, also...I hope!
  • Evening

Good luck chamolk if you are running your half.

Train travel does tend to go smoothly here Els. Hope you had a nice lunch with your friend.

I remember your bus runs Ale. Does the upward bit mean some hills? Mileage looking good again.

Super report and result Emz, well done! Good chunk off of what your were expecting and a mid race 5k post baby PB.. Good for confidence for your half!

What: multi sport day with mtb bimble with a short hike part of the way and 9k ran this evening with a nice undulating bit of trail
    Why: hols and making the most of the weather (bit nippy temp. wise but got clothing right)
    Last hard: some of the mtb hills, only had to push up one though
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • Hazel...enjoy your hols!
    Emz...great racing and great result...well done! 
    Ale good mileage km age week!
    Wintry and windy here...had nice catch up with friend though. Now how can it be Monday tomorrow!
  • Tech support for church service this morning.
    Weather rubbish this afternoon and back sore so not a lot else done.
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz- lovely report & a great result, well done
    Hazel - enjoy the break
    Ale - super mileage tally.
    #2 drove up yesterday but heads back tomorrow. We may stop in Manchester on the way back next Saturday night. 

what - 8 miles undulating
    why - stretch out after a day of mooching
    last rest - 8 days
    last hard - that was: forget how even the "flat" bits of Cumbria have undulations...
    Yesterday was 5 easy miles after a long drive, today was a shortish walk (Glenridding to Pooley Bridge) & the boat back.