Monday 11th October 2021 xxxxx and Tommy were lovers

Morning!

Lyrics: xxxxx and Tommy were lovers
He wanted to give her everything
Flowers, presents and most of all, a wedding ring

Yesterday's were Gilbert O'Sullivan with Clair

What: not sure 

Why: meeting a friend to re-design part of the cross country course we have designed as not allowed to use part of the fields. Should get at least a MLR in, possibly LSR.

Easy day today, Emz?

Your respective holidays sound good, Hazel, Wabo, Dustin. Hope Chick's is, also.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Cheerful lyrics (not that I knew them!).
    Two things achieved today
    1. GP (telephone) appointment for Wednesday. (Leg weakness worsening)
    2. Builder contacted AND been around to assess
    Swim planned just after lunch and loop run group before tea

Good luck with the MLR/LSR today
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Can't believe i missed a gilbert song!!! 
    Back in the office, all good so far
    Oh glad you got those things achieved
    Lyrics yep
    What 2 miles this morning maybe a couple later
    Why getting up early is hard!!
    Last hard this morning
    Last rest 24/7
    Have a good day all
    Alehouse hope your run was good
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Good to see you back, Wabo! Any races planned?

Sounds like a profitable morning, OH. Hope Wednesday might throw up a few answers, or certainly expedite matters. Re the lyrics, there was a penchant in the early 60s, apparently for tragic songs, such as The Leader of the Pack by The Shangri Las.

What:   a thirty minute Pilate session this morning, followed shortly after by a long run...of sorts. 11.57k in total, some of which was quicker than I usually run...but with a few stops and starts! The total represents the longest since January 18th. Just over 73 minutes in total. Less than 4k with M60 (M76 racing at the weekend so was having an easy week). The last 5k on my own was quite a slog.

Why: A friend and I are having to re-design, yet again, the Uni Relay course: we are not allowed to step foot on any pitches...and they have moved a pitch to such a place that it is unavoidable to run in more than single file. I'm sure that it wasn't deliberate, but certainly ill thought out: a sliding tackle would leave a player in the bushes. 
    Anyway, a new 3.1k lap is now in place, subject to approval by the Uni Cross Country team, the Uni Sport department, health and safety, the groundstaff etc etc. All by the 29th October when we start to put the course up in readiness for the race on the 30th. 

Was a beautiful bright but cool autumnal morning, perfect for running. Clouded over now, and the wind has picked up. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening all.
    Lyrics... nope.
    Challenging clinic...scapa loop shortly bit of domestic stuff in between. 
    Getting dark pretty early now.
  • Swim (tick) "Run" (tick)
    Musing on how I can get this left leg stronger. Weakness of all major flexors/extensors with preservation of abduction/adduction doesn't really correspond to L4/5 entrapment - so relative lack of use due to pain most likely. Wonder if cycling might strengthen quads etc ...
  • I don't see that cycling would do any harm, OH, but I would couple that with glute work, general flexibility and balance. And more swimming, ideally with a float!

Hope you got out for a second run, Wabo!
  • Evening

That is a pain with the xc course Ale.

Glad you got an appointment OH. Ale's advice sounds good to me, no better to offer - sorry.

Uggh to back to work after a break Wabo.

Agree on the shorter evenings Els but I guess yours are much shorter.

What: more mtbing and short hiking until I wrecked some important bit that OH couldn't fix with the tools available. He went to get the car, eventually.. Four and a bit miles ran slowly this evening.
    Why: holidays
    Last hard: cold mtbing, had to stop for a cup of tea due to painful hands and feet
    Last rest: 30.03.20

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Ale that's a pain
    Hope day 1 back at work wasn't too tough wabo
    Hope you get some answers oh

What: 9km at club with 20 min of 400 m on, 400m off followed by 10 min of 200 m on, 200 m off.
    Why: club night
    Last hard: I took it easyish tonight as my legs were sore from yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good evening all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Today was fine at work, I was busy so that helps
    Emzap sounds like a good club night!
    Did a second short run alehouse which was good. What a good day you had! I have another 10 in November and I'm toying with a half the same month, not sure though. Next weds is chingford League at the velodrome! 
    Hazel that sounds not nice with the cold hands and feet!!!
    Night all, need to get earlier nights now 😢
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can