Thursday 4th November 2021 - You just call on me brother when you need a hand

HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in Training
Morning

Hope those pills work fast Ale.
Likely a good time of the year to have a bit of reduced mileage Wabo - or do you have anything planned still?
Did you get your run done chicksta?
Legs still attached - left is back to full working order, right still a bit of Sunday's discomfort but low level.  Short and gentle and monitor for now.

What: another rest day - likely will walk or maybe cycle (needs to warm up for that first)
Why: recovery
Last rest: 2.11.21

Comments

• Morning, we are fine just not much to report between tapering, another cold and general miserable Nov weather. Peter busy with work and being IT buy for church service streaming(seems like more than a full time job).
    Hazel, liked your report, sorry you had a run you weren't happy with but you did well to keep going!
    Ale - hope you're soon better.
    Wabo/Dustin Chick, good running!
    Trying to get rid of cold, do some last minute shopping, bake cinnamon buns (why?) and get ready for off. Maybe a gentle run around scapa as well, should have done it yesterday but was wet and couldn't stop sneezing and coughing!
    Long drive tomorrow and forecast for Sat poor, heavy rain and 40 plus mph winds, ha could have had that at home. Was hoping for a crisp autumn day, the trees there are beautiful and views over Loch Earn from the Glen Ogle viaduct pretty special too. Heading down to Borders Sunday for a couple of days grandaughter time!
    Have a good day.
  • Morning surgery, aqua walking shortly then getting ready for away.
    Lyrics no.
  • Good to see you both drop in.

Travel well tomorrow (cinnamon buns sound like good journey food) and all the best for Saturday Els!  At least you are well used to running in such conditions but I would like you to have better.  I was lucky - Lucerne was nice weather on Sunday before Monday deteriorated into soggy and cold.  Wouldn't have enjoyed that when walk-running..
  • You should never ask why in connection with cinnamon buns, Els ;)  Yummy stuff. Good to see both of you popping in and wishing you safe travels. 

Hazel: soggy and cold here now. I did a fast-ish 5k yesterday after work (5:17 per k pace is rather quick for me but I felt good) and a miserable 10 miler in the rain this morning. I checked the forecast and the rain will not stop all day so I got it out of the way first thing and felt quite smug all day. 

Hope Ale is OK 

• Chick - mainly because it's so cold they don't seem to be rising! Wish I could do 5k that fast!
    Stroll round Scapa with Peter who very annoyingly hummed the same tune all the way!
    Indeed - where is Ale, hope busy not ill?
  • Afternoon!

Yes, busy, Els! Got to work at 7:30 to get a few things done before school starts at 8:30. Don't know any other school around these parts that starts work so early. Breakfast club for the children starts at 7 and finishes at 6:30. A long day for some of the wee bairns!

Travel well, those journeying!

Sounds quick in training, Chick! Decent weather here today, if a little chilly.

Glad you seem to be recovering well, Hazel!

What: short run, stretches later

Why: not well so keeping it very easy. 

Lyrics: yes. It had cross my mind to use them

Yesterday's Mr Kite lyrics were by The Beatles who originally called it With a Little Help from my Friends...and then moved that to another track which we had earlier in the week.

Footie could be interesting tonight, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Happy belated birthday Emz - how did I miss that?
    I'm guessing I missed out on the cake  :D
    Els/OH - safe travels
    Chick - good running!
    Ale - Feeling any better as the day has gone on?

what - 9 miles incl 4 at MP (8mm), kids coaching tonight
    why - MLR 22 weeks out!
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that was, legs had no real oomph 
    lyric - possibly
  • Evening again! 

Sounds tough Dustin...22 weeks out! What marathon pace is is always a conundrum! Is 8 minute miling your current pace or your target pace?
    Felt reasonable at work...and then worse after! Not unusual I guess!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.