Sunday 7th November What a glorious feeling

An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in Training
Sunday 7th November
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again ...
Heading to Ellie in Cardrona, today

(The finish line photo belies the rest of the day's weather)

Comments

• Love the "told and fried" from Els's race report yesterday! 
    6h5m23s so pretty good going 
  • Morning!

Looking fresh in that photo, Els! And I was puzzled a little by the "told and fried" as well, OH! Enjoy your visit to Ellie et al. 

Yesterday's lyrics were By Your Side, Calvin Harris featuring Tom Grennan

What: short run, possibly fitness suite

Why: not well enough to do much more

Lyrics: yes. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Great pic OH thanks. 
    Well done Els! Long time to be soaked for. Recover well and enjoy Ellie as Ale says above.
    Take it easy Ale.
    Have a good Sunday all.

What: 10.5k d&d before brekkie
    Why: this weeks LR and out for a walk with my OH soon
    Last rest: 06.07.21

Lyrics: another familiar one
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry I've been awol again, I'm busy sewing for at least 6 craft markets I have between now and the end of the year 

Lucas and I volunteered at parkrun yesterday and then I did the wyre forest half today.  It has to be shortened slightly to 12.7 miles, but the 450 m elevation, ankle deep mud in places and trails made up for that!

Aiming to finish in under 3 hours, my friend finished in 2:18 a few years ago when she was a lot fitter (also had a baby similar time to me) and was a similar pace to me prebaby, so we thought sub 3 on this tough trail course would be great!  Really really hard course, I was struggling a lot at 10 miles, but we finished in 2:30:26 or so! Really happy with that!

It's completely wiped me out though so I will be found lying horizontal on the sofa for the remainder of the day!

Els sounds like you've been racing too. What was it?

Happy Sunday all.
  • Afternoon!

Well toughed out, Emz! Not surprised that you are wiped out! Have you sorted my Christmas outfit yet?

What: fitness suite for stretches plus 20 minutes easy

Why: being sensible
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Emz...well done...sounds like a fun one...I love a bit of trail.
    I was doing Glen Ogle 33...actually 32.5 in Perthshire. Beautiful autumn day driving down...torrential rain and a bit windy on race day.
    Sorry about the typos!
    Drive down to Borders and day with Ellie and her parents...nice afternoon walk along the old railway path for a coffee. She's changing again and on the brink of crawling, kept swivelling her head around to keep track of the old fogies when we were out!
    Another day here tomorrow and then long drive home Tues. Good job we hadn't planned to get home today...all the boats off due to the winds.
  • Great pic and well done, Els.

Sounds tough, Em but good going.

Being sensible will pay off, Ale.

Snap Hazel. I did 10.5k too, but after breakfast and making bread and a blueberry cake 🍰😊

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wow els, that's a long way! After today running now than 12.7 miles seems like a lot but I am eyeing up a marathon again. Must be so lovely to spend time with Ellie.

Chick that looks yummy! Oh thought of you yesterday. Was talking in German to Lucas about animals and getting him to spot a car on the road. I said kannst du ein Auto sehen and he said mummy no no no, no Deutsch 🤣😂🤣😂🤣
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    well done Els & Emz, good running!
    Ale - sorry to hear your still not feeling great
    Chick - great baking! I'll pop round for my slice later!

What - 14 miles on road (lanes)
    Why - LSR
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that was. Tired not really up for it but was a lovely sunny morning so good to get out.
    Afternoon of hedge trimming, weeding and grass cutting! 
    lyric - not sure