Monday 8th November 2021 Travelled down a road and back again

Morning!

Lyrics: Travelled down a road and back again
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant

Lines 2 and 3, with title in the first. Still friendship related.

What: short and easy plus stretches

Why: still on meds
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Lol - I was about to press the button with exactly the same song. Good thing I checked.

Great work on the HM emzap.  Well under your 3hr target.  Hope you managed to detatch yourself from the sofa later.

Cake looked nice yesterday Chicksta.

Well done on the LSR Dustin - don't know if I would have had the energy afterwards for the cross training in the garden.

What: walk / short turbo
    Why: running rest day
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: yes
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Hazel - been putting off that last grass cut/hedge trim as it's been too wet. Was stunningly sunny day yesterday, that may be the last for a while....   Lets just say my knees didn't appreciate the weeding.
    What - easy miles
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - not so sure. 

Have a lovely day
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    sounds like emzap had a good one
    How funny hazel you and ale thinking the same song!! Enjoy the walk and turbo
    ale enjoy your short and easy and the stretches

what: bits and bobs of running and walking this morning
    why: playing an addictive game on fetch but its snazzed up my running so that's fun
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 24/7
    have a good monday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ale sorry to hear you're not feeling great
    els what a finish photo! After nearly 33 miles as well!!!
    Emzap amazing now I read about your half!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ohhh wabo what game are you playing on fetch?

Just a walk here today. My bad leg from the car accident is really really sore today. Did walk about 2 miles though so not too bad.  Now trying to decide whether to do a marathon next or another half.

Dustin that's great to do the gardening after that run!

Hazel and ale you made me laugh but I still don't know the lyrics 😂

Ale how are you feeling?

Have a great Monday all!
  • I'm sure I should know this song if you were both thinking about it, Hazel and ale but it's a no.

Hope your leg settles, em. Do you think it would last a marathon or is it better to stick to shorter distances?

Curious about that Fetch game, wabo.

How are the knees, Dustin?

10k in the rain. First time dipping under 5:30 per k average pace on an easy run. I haven't been anywhere near since 2019 I think 😊

• Walk with Ellie this morning.
     3 mile run this afternoon. (Just keeping progress steady)
    Heading back home tomorrow.

Lovely looking baking yesterday, Chicksta.

Hadn't registered that final decision for lyrics theme were now "friendship" not "weather".
    Today's lyrics are unknown to me.
    Yesterday's lyrics were of course Gene Kelly's "I'm singing in the rain"
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick I've done I think 3 marathons since the accident and it is very very sore towards the end but I can finish them. Not sure how sensible it is but I don't like that that idiot stops me doing things...
  • Evening!

Nice running Chick! A long time since I have run that sort of pace for 10k on an "easy" run! Good progress!

Emz: no rush to think about what is next! Have you thought about cross country for the club? 

Good that you are getting out a bit more, OH! Little by little! No rush! And you both seem to be enjoying Ellie!

I always seem to miss those Fetch games, Wabo

Not surprised you need an easy day, Dustin!

And great brains think alike, Hazel!

What: 25 minutes easy plus gardening (digging counts, of course!)

Why: trying to be sensible/needs doing. Not quite right yet but hopefully heading in the right direction.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

• Maybe a Tunnock's wafer to complete the stereotype?
  • Don't worry she didn't have it! 
    Mainly playing with Ellie and some walks with her plus a bit of assistant cooking!
    Lyrics no.
    Long drive tomorrow.