Tuesday 9th November 2021 - Another red letter day

Morning

Lyrics:
Another red letter day
So the pound has dropped and the children are creating

What: hopefully a group run of some sort
Why: Tuesday
Last rest: 8.11.2021

Have a good day all back in a bit (after some work..)

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Don't know these lyrics!

What: a mile
    Why: testing leg
    Last hard: actually a short sprint I did this morning without thinking

So walked Lucas up to nursery and at the end of the road realised my medal was in the pushchair (which we leave in a shed at nursery). So left Lucas with the pushchair (end of road is about 40 m from our house) and sprinted to put the medal inside and then back to Lucas. Oh wow, that was a bad idea! Legs and hips did not appreciate that! Anyway, walked up to nursery and ran slowly home. No pain at all. Leg sore now but easing off after warm bath. Think it'll take a few days to get going again but think it'll be ok. 

I'm other news Lucas now says mummy go running whenever he sees me in my running kit :)

Have a great day all
  • Ouch emzap.  Sprinting on achy legs with no warm-up...    Sounds like you will get away with it though.  Lucas will be wanting to join you soon.   I would likely go with a couple more HMs before moving back up to a mara.

I'm also curious which game you are playing on Fetch Wabo.

5:30 / km for an easy run is a decent pace chicksta.

Travel well OH and Els.  Good to see you running OH and thanks for the cute pic of Ellie yesterday.

Digging sounds like tough cross training Ale - I guess you are working today.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ohhhh I missed the new posts from yesterday!

Oh/els that picture made me laugh! 

Ale I don't run with that club anymore and my new one doesn't enter the cross country annoyingly.   The old club became so unfriendly I couldn't run there any more. Case in point I saw the old club Team captain on Saturday at parkrun and she pretended she didn't know who I was... Her son is a similar age to Lucas too...

• Morning!
    Lyrics no but yesterday's sound appropriate for today's travel. Journey going ok so far with lovely autumn trees.
    Emz...sounds sore! He'll be parkrunning soon!
    Hazel...some HMs sound good.
    Think that's me until Falkirk ultra in Feb if I stay fit. Not much doing locally over winter and too far to travel for short stuff.
    Hard to leave this morning but Ellie dd her first convincing though short crawl and was very cheery.
    Have a good day!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Hazel I am playing wsw but multi player so I am in the last 16, which means I have to get max points each day for any square on my grip, therefore I am doing little walk breaks in the middle of running, but tbh I am really enjoying it!
    Els what an adorable photo!!
    emzap, that is an unfriendly club!!how sweet about lucas!
    hazel enjoy the group run
    Alehouse not here?
    WHat: bits of running and walking this morning, longer run later with a couple of walk bits as well
    why: games
    last hard this am 
    last rest 24/7
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Lyrics: not today

Yesterday's were Thank you for being a friend, Andrew Gold

What: short run, long stretch

Why: work/Tuesday/still not feeling great.

Back later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear that you're still feeling under the weather, ale. 

Wabo: I don't understand a word about that game  :D  what is WSW?

Els/OH: Ellie is adorable but that sloth really does it for me  <3

Em: Probably a good thing you switched clubs. That's very rude behaviour. Haha, I get it re. not wanting that pesky leg get in the way of a marathon ;)
    BTW that comment about mummy no Deutsch made me chuckle :)

Enjoy the group outing, Hazel.

Well, what a difference a day makes. Today's run was absolutely horrid. My legs refused to turn and it was like running through treacle. Dreadful. Onwards and upwards. 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els/OH - lovely pics
    Ale - sorry that your still feeling poorly
    Emz - your old club sound like a funny bunch, best off out if you ask me...
    Hazel - have fun on the group excursion
    Wabo - still none the wiser re that game  :D 
    Chick - ahhh good days, bad days...!

What - AM - easy 5k to get out the house PM - Club session (pyramids) on grass
    Why - Arguably marathon training!
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - reckon it will be that pesky pyramid!
    lyric - nope
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Long drive but now on ferry.
    Almost didn't get on boat! They had changed return journey from Sunday to LAST Tuesday (ie BEFORE we had left).
    Fortunately still room despite cancelled boats due to weather and boat on other route being out of action. Phew!

Hope you're back on form soon AH

Lyrics no