Thursday 11th November 2021 So no one told you life was gonna be this way

Morning!

Lyrics: So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke

Yesterday's friendship related number was Bridge over troubled water, Simon and Garfunkel

What: short run, possible stretches

Why: all I am doing at present. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Morning
    Should have known yesterday's lyrics - I sang those many times in the school choir (loonnnng time ago though).
    Hope the recovery unbattered your legs a bit Dustin
    Glad you had a better run this time chicksta.
    Well done for getting the run in Els - might help to relieve those achy legs a bit.

WSW: who squares wins.  If I remember correctly: first level is that you have a random opponent assigned to you for a week.  Each person has a grid of so many squares on a map - you choose where the centre of the square is based on where you run often and you win points for a square by passing through it by walking, running, biking.  You don't see your opponents map just which squares they have conquered.  Whoever has the most squares based on the number of points at the end of the week wins that round against their opponent.  It moves on to various knock-out rounds to determine an overall winner at the end of a number of weeks.  It is good to encourage you to explore your local or another area in detail but not to try out a wider range of new routes.

What: midday cycle
    Why: should be warm enough then and running rest day today
    Last rest: 08.11.21

lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - WSW sounds a bit too complicated for me!! 
    Ale - Sorry to hear you're still not feeling it

what - 70 minutes of trails (easy pace)
    why - mileage
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Tuesday effort wise but even the easy runs the last two days have been an effort.
    lyric - was waiting for this one with the theme...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    AFTERNOON ALL
    I got as far as I could on that game hazel, I have lost interest now lol! I just want to run later

Dustin enjoy the trails
    alehouse enjoy, hope you are ok. 
    Lyrics yes
    What: did some bits and pieces this morning, just under 3 later
    why: I want to
    last hard this morning
    last rest 24/7

Have a good evening all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

WSW beyond me as well!

Any races planned anyone? Any thoughts I had of racing certainly on hold for now! Had hoped to push parkrun a little on Saturday but would be unwise given how congested I feel! 

What: short gentle run d&d

Why: feel better outside, not that that says much!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics...yes.
    Too much fuss for me too this wsw but sure it is fun if you get into it. 
    Despite day off a few things meant I was short of time to run the hill before yoga but fitted in 5.2 miles. Much more enjoyable today and less cold and windy though legs still feeling the ultra...especially during the yoga!
    Shopping and baking choc chip cookies this afternoon. The limited daylight is making itself felt!
    Hope you feel better soon Ale.
  • Swim around wreck, jogged (0.7mil) to Yoga. Aqua walking after lunch.
    Working tomorrow
    Lyrics no but definitely Friends hip  related.
  • No races planned but have now got back to the stage where I haven't totally ruled that possibility out.
    Set a tantalising hope as St Magnus Marathon 2022 is set to go ahead - would be my 25th marathon and 5 of 5 St Magnus Marathons. Still a long way off that yet, mind.
    Speak to spinal surgeon on Monday ...
  • Sounds like progress, OH. I think it probably takes 3 to 6 months of yoga or pilates to make a real difference.

I am surprised that you can walk after last weekend, Els, never mind run 5 miles or so!
  • Races...entered two for next year Falkirk ultra in early Feb and short great glen ultra early July but you never know if injury etc will allow them!
    I hope there will be others but who knows!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

3km this morning. All my legs could manage. No pain but they just stopped working at about 2.5 km. Guess I've still got tiredness from Sunday there.

Lyrics yes

Wsw sounds good! Need to have a look

Ale this has been going on a while

Home alone for bedtime tonight. Pricing a challenge as Lucas only lets daddy put him to bed... Wish me luck. Got a pile of sewing to get through before worcester market on Saturday...

Happy Thursday all!