Friday 12th November 2021 When the night has come

Morning!

Lyrics: When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see

What: easy run

Why: run to feel. May well get wet.

Yesterday's lyrics were  I'll be there for you, The Rembrandts. Apparently the theme tune to Friends.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

You are getting the miles in early Dustin. 

Race for me on 28.11 - a fairly local 10k - undulating and twisty so not a PB course.  Likely a New Year's Eve blast around a lake (7.5k) depending on what we are doing.  Other than that nothing booked yet for next year, I will hold off for a bit to see how things develop.

You must have a lot less daylight than me Els but I am struggling still a bit since the clocks changed.  I keep thinking at 3pm I have lots of light left but not really.

Good news you might be planning a mara OH. 

Well done on the 3k Emz.  Hope getting Lucas to bed was successful and you could get on with your sewing.

What: walk and turbo
    Why: 4 days running planned for this week and want to go out tomorrow / Sunday so rest day today as well
    Last rest: 12.11.2021

lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - tentatively following the P&D 24 weeks....Club starting 18 weeks for Manchester at the end of this month.
    Races - Yes! Cross country season starts tomorrow - first of the Hampshire League at Bournemouth. This one is a 4 lapper of playing fields and some rough ground so not particularly dramatic. Good to get the legs moving.
    Don't expect anything great but looking forward to it. I'll be making up the numbers.
    I'm Club Team Manager for another season too. 
    The Sunday XC league is on the 28th - that will be more for fun - as part of a longer run.
    Road? Maybe a 5 miler in December (not entered yet).

What - 3-4 easy
    Why - racing tomorrow!
    Last Rest - 14/10
    Last Hard - Tuesday
    lyric - I think so...

• Morning again!

Thought of you this morning Dustin, when the weather forecast was accompanied by a not very flattering photo of Basingstoke station!

What: easy 20 minutes

Why: twenty is plenty, currently. Was accompanied by today's lyrics: couldn't get the tune out of my head. 

Marathon thoughts sound interesting, OH! Must be making progress even to have the thoughts!

Sounds like you are being sensible, Hazel.

And enjoy the xc, Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry, I missed posting yesterday.

WSW is way to complicated for me :D 

Enjoy the XC races, Dustin. 

Fingers crossed for marathon no. 25, OH. 

Sounds very sensible, Hazel. 

No races planned here either. I may drag my lazy behind around some parkruns but what with Covid numbers rising again I'm not going to enter anything. If I feel up for racing again by spring I'll find something that you can enter at short notice. 

Got my booster booked for December 7.

Yes to lyrics today and I ran 11 miles this morning. Headtorch and high viz vest but and we had slight fog and some wind but I enjoyed it nevertheless. 

Have a great weekend, all. 
  • Evening all, where does the daylight go?
    Rest day/work day for me, legs still recovering, walking fine ale, running a bit more effort. Bet you cover more ground in 20 min than I do in 30 though!
    I'm thinking P's marathon plans are on the optimistic side but good to have something to aim for!
    Chick  - good miles.
    Dustin - enjoy the cross country.
    Barring XC nothing doing here until Mar/April time. Having a couple of easy weeks then hopefully get back to a bit more running. Still a bit tired from travel, glad of an early work finish today.  
  • Just work today
    Lyrics no
    Not actually planning a marathon - just not totally ruling it out  :D