Wednesday 17th November 2021 You know that it would be untrue

Morning!

Lyrics: You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar

Current theme is elements. There are the chemical elements of course, but also the classical elements. Today's lyrics are the latter.

Yesterday's lyrics were Any Old Iron, billed as by 
Fred Spoons, Mate's Spoffle Group, and Peter Sellers

What: see how I feel after work and what I can fit in in daylight

Why: work/short days/long nights
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Hope you had a nice time in the alehouse yesterday Ale - certainly deserved it after an hour of stretching.
    I think I have mostly needed time to recover mentally from that mara and from the training leading up to it.  Good to feel as though running is something I want to do rather than something I have to!
    Would find it hard to find the motivation to do Christmas shopping without the rain Els. Certainly easier for baking and cooking.
    Hope you had a nice peaceful time at home yesterday evening Wabo.
    Good you have answers OH.
    Good club session Dustin?

What: recovery run + turbo
    Why: boosting my 2 wheel mileage for the year, getting back to 5 days a week running
    Last hard: also juggling work/short days/long nights and need to go shopping today
    Last rest: 15.11.21

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    What - steady, longer run
    Why - recovery mileage
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday. Good session though, 5 minutes/5x1min hard, 5 minutes, 5x1min hard, 5 minutes
    Aim is to get as far on each of the 3x5min blocks. Pretty much all even for me, could feel the treacle forming in the ground on the last one...
    lyric - yes
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hiya, wow how is it wednesday already?

Lyrics: yes, my oh and I always joke that so many songs incorporate this element.

What: nothing today but did 5km Sunday and nearly 5km yesterday. Then physio yesterday who has made my legs feel a million times better

Why: I'm slowly building back up. Got to take it easy at the mo.

Last hard: I've got a lot going on at the mo so juggling everything is tricky

I hate Xmas shopping els! I plan on making most of mine this year but I need some time to do it!

Happy hump day all
  • Evening!

Easy does it, Emz!

Decent session, Dustin!

Yes, enjoyed my short visit to the alehouse yesterday, Hazel. And don't tell anyone but it will be more of the same this evening: meeting a friend for an hour. We often have a pint on a Wednesday but haven't for six or seven weeks as he was ill, then I was! And running is there to be enjoyed!

Managed to slot in just over half an hour off road after work. And it was a real slog. Not sure whether that was due to the hour of stretching yesterday, illness still lurking (HR higher than it should be for the effort, still), general tiredness, running on grass for most if it, or what! Anyway, another 5k logged. And enjoyable to an extent!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Not exactly the evening I planned hazel. Daughter had to take Cleo to a and e for a possible broken finger, basketball bent it back. X ray but all ok - soft tissue damage, the finger is black and blue
    So second run didn't happen
    Alehouse sounds like you had a lovely time!
    Emzap yep feel same about weds and Christmas shopping 🤣🤣, do take it easy
    Dustin great session
    Hazel great training going on
    What mile this morning and another tonight
    Why fitting it in
    Last hard this evening
    Last rest 24/7

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can