Sunday 21st November 2021 I am the god of hellfire and I bring you

Morning!

Lyrics: I am the god of hellfire and I bring you...

Yesterday's were Blowin' in the Wind, Bob Dylan

What: short run plus fitness suite

Why: Sunday

OH: you are making progress! Long may it continue!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yep
    Have a good Sunday alehouse
    What 5 miles this morning
    Why it's nice out
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 24/7

Sore legs though so I'll be mindful of that, I've done my Tai chi 3 times this week to try to keep stretching
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hi gang! Sorry, for going AWOL. We went away for a long weekend and then work got in the way.

I rested that hammie for a few days but it's still playing up so my next strategy is to run it into submission :) 

It doesn't alter my gait and it's more tightness than pain. Hopefully my strategy pays off. I'm doing lots of stretching and strengthening inbetween.

Solid parkrun yesterday, OH. I volunteered at our parkrun yesterday doing tokens. 
    Do you do your acqua excercises in the open sea or a pool? I was thinking about pool running but what with Covid numbers on the rise I'd rather avoid humid confined spaces. 

My booster jab is this Friday. I was able to bring it forward 10 days. Yay. 

Haven't read back much so I hope everyone is doing ok.

Have a lovely Sunday, all. 

So, 10k run today. I'm actually surprised how slow and unfit I've become in just a week of reduced running. Not nice  :s

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Afternoon! 

Good to hear from you Chick! Actually better news than I feared! Hopefully you can manage the hamstring though stretching and common sense.

Hope your run went well, Wabo. Cold here with ice on the cars. Are you going to the Lane? Pochitino for United?

What: fitness suite then 34 minutes run

Why: stretches then easy run. Never really got warm: 3 degrees plus an icy wind.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lovely run thanks alehouse
    No I'm hearing zidane
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Yes off to the lane now 🤔😱👌😉
  • I guess you are happy with the result, Wabo...but I wasn't convinced by the performance.

Have decided against running with M76 tomorrow: hill session. And it will be cold. Probably not the best when recovering from illness!
  • Evening

Enjoy the footie Wabo, well done on the 5m.

Good to hear from you again Chicksta and that the hammy is basically ok.  Booster in January at the earliest for me. 65+ and medically vulnerable here at the mo.

Wrap up warm weather by the sounds of it Ale.

Good trail miles yesterday Dustin, plenty of leaves to shuffle through?

Ice rink sounds scary Els.

Quite a bit faster parkrun than last week OH so well done.

What: hike this morning to get above the fog (4 hours), 11k recovery run this afternoon
    Why: get some rays, right pea souper here at the moment
    Last hard: understanding some cyclists (thick fog in the half dark, no lights, another one more or less on the wrong side of the road whilst being overtaken.. grrr)
    Last rest: 19.11.21

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick -  good to see you back. I’m sure the loss of form is just a temporary blip.
    Ale - sensible re tomorrow
    Wabo - decent run & a good three points 

what - easy hour trails
    why - too beautiful a morning not to be out
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday (or 3 hours in the shops this afternoon….apparently it’s that time of year😂)
    lyric - yes