Sub 3h15

Comments

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Glad the house was fine, OO. Those Alphas might pinch a bit being box-fresh and half a size down. Mind you, my first pair of ZoomFly were half a size down on what I use now for Nike sizing, they did pinch a bit in the latter stages of their first marathon but not too bad, just a toenail or two gone.

Glad but very disappointed I ditched the trail race yesterday, looking at the videos and results I reckon I would have placed well but it was the right decision. Looked a lovely event, I'll get down for the nest one.

Return from the man-flu today with an easy 5 on the trails. Glutes felt a lot better, so the rest and specific exercises appear to have done some good.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Rough time GDawg- hang in there. Nike sizing is usually great for my feet so having some doubts. Probs play safe with Vaporflys unless the fit feels great. Your 2 toenail comment suggests you are a braver man than I 🤢
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    DT - my wife and i had our boosters yday. She has been roughed up by hers, but she still has long covid and all the jabs roughed her up, but hopefully she'll be back to normal tomorrow. I felt a bit achey and shivery this afternoon and evening, but pretty minimal. I could run, but have given myself a day off after all 3 jabs. Certainly nothing to worry about. We will both hzve had 3 jabs and a dose of the real thing which will hopefully see us through the winter.........ive a rolled over 1/2  at Goodwood Sunday and would hope to be able to run that with no jab effects, especially if i do it as a wu, hm ~mp, wd with some extra laps of the cct added on.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Had my booster too TR and with Mrs OO. No reaction so far but just a few hours in...
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    OO - good news. I did turbo intervals yday, and then had my jab a couple of hours later and was fine. Took about 24 hours to notice anything, but pretty minimal, he test will be when i run tomorrow. The previous jabs affected my running for a couple of days, but i had CV this time last year unvaccinated, which did affect my fitness for a while afterwards.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling a bit rough today TR so shut up  shop early and will rest until Sunday. 198 miles for the month which is reasonable. The Alphas arrived early. Unfortunately they feel snug so I'll  not risk them for Valencia 😪
    Hope you are all enjoying the milder weather?
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    OO - i found i had a bit of a bunged up head when i went to run home tonight, and initially felt a bit iffy, but as i warmed up my head cleared and i felt ok. I would hope to be ok in a few more days, not sure re my 1/2 on sunday yet though.
  • Hope you feel a bit better today, OO.

Annoyingly the after effects of my mild cold are still lingering: I'm absolutely knackered and my breathing isn't right, even though I only felt like I had a cold for a few days.  5 very ploddy and dispiriting miles last night.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Sounds familiar, Jools. 6 steady miles yesterday but overall not great. The cold is still lingering a bit but not too bad. Illness and injury meant only 98 miles for November.
    December 1st, so I decided to get the scales out for the first weigh-in since before London. Wasn't looking forward to it as I feel fat on runs but 'only' 6 pounds heavier which considering the lack of training and amount of eating/drinking, I'll take that as I go into a new campaign in a couple of weeks.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Same here folks. 5 miles at 10 min miles with HR in 170's. Still it was nice to get out for a tester and I'm sure 3 more days rest should fix it 🤞
    I put back some of the weight lost during Covid GD but still 1kg down. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing 🤔
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    London GFA entry confirmed. See you in Chandos!!  B)
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Dawg - i got a thank you for your payment email, guess thats a mistake.

OO - i thought valencia was 12th Dec, that was a sxhoolboy error to book yr booster this wk then, esp given you've just had a dose of the super vaccination. Do you have to provide a negative PCR on return ?.........however, i did my usual midweek 10x3min today and felt normal, so you should too by tomorrow.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    TR- yes defo a schoolboy error 😆I wanted to get it in before travelling abroad and thought it would be safe in a taper week. 
    Got my GFA confirmation too GD. Chandos here we come 🙏
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced it isn't an error. They said they'd contact on 2 December and I don't recall inputting payment details and neither is anything pending on my card. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    It was a mistake email.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    OO - you could have waited seeing as you'd just had the super powered vaccination. But i felt fine runnibg today and you have 4 days yet......i asked re the PCR as you might struggle to pass that ?
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Given all the cock ups last year not the best start for London 🙄
    I'm just glad it's out of the way TR. Let's see with the test....🤞
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't bode well at all.

Reading a post elsewhere it looks like the move to a one year gfa qualification period is a permanent one, which could prove tricky at times. 

Had an e mail yesterday off runthrough events with a code for free entry into any event next year as a prize for my age group win at the recent 10k. 

Easy 8m today session yesterday of 3 x (1k- 4 x 400m). Oddly the latter two 1k reps, even coming in sub 3.30 felt quite pedestrian following the 400m reps. 

I'm feeling ready now (mentally) to get into campaign mode. My enthusiasm for the slog and session pain has returned. 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Anyone here??

Spin and easy 5 yesterday then a decent session today, 11k alternating between hmp and mp. Average pace for the 11k was 6.03mm and got faster as I progressed it, through 10k in about 37.40. About 5 secs per mile faster than last time I did this session for similar hr. 

London gfa now paid for and had an e mail off runthrough events with a code for a free place at any event as a prize for my age group 10k win 2 weeks ago. Also had text off club chair to advise county Athletics have sent her my 10k County v40 bronze from 10k champs in July so posting to me today. Just need to hear from Berlin to complete a good few days. 

Sons footy called off tomorrow so cancelled 8.30 spin and going to have a few beers tonight and a lazy day tomorrow.  
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I'm chilling in Spain ahead of Sunday's race. A couple of short easy runs and a couple heavy boozy sessions with running pals. Perfect preparation 😉. Looks windy for Sunday mind...
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    DT - you're in good nick, you could defo go sub 36. Nice one from runthrough, i havnt been offered that by them for AG wins.

OO - hope you go well, easy on the sauce !

Going to be windy here too, 30mph NW winds Sunday at goodwood, which is the worse directuon there. Will use it as a training run with miles before and after. Even pace/effort wont be possible for an mp run though.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Tr, are you in the half. I know someone doing the mara as a target race. Enjoy! 

It might be because I won the UKA 10 year age range in v45-v55. Runthrough tend to show results in 5 year groupings so maybe not how they allocate prizes? 

I had an e mail yesterday from the speedway 10k in Chepstow inviting applications. They only accept the 300 fastest applications and you have to provide a link to a time in January 2020. It's an extremely fast and stacked race. Might have a word with Lewis about it. Did it in January 2020 in 37.34 which was a big pb and finished in bottom 10%. 

Oo, enjoy Sunday and the build up of course. 

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    DT - i swapped to the 1/2 a few weeks back. Ive entered the 1/2 in Feb too, the logistics are super easy for me, im parked and and collected my number in around 30mins.......go for Speedway, racing faster folks is the way to go.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    I had a ropey night and felt crap during some easy miles this morning possibly the lingering lurgy i had at gosport, possibly the booster, either way ive sacked tomorrow off. The racing year ends with 2 sub3s, the focus shifts to next yrs sub3s.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Shame, TR. Though no point pushing yourself for what was to be a training run. 

From what I read this booster jab seems to make people more unwell than the virus is likely to make me. It leaves me questioning whether I bother. 

Nothing to report here, slept until 9, daughter now at a party for a few hours so off back to bed for a rare afternoon snooze. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    DT - your immunity will be dropping, the booster will put you back up to 90+%, it will help protect you from any potentially more dangerous variants that might turn up, it also stops you spreading the virus about.......folks like OO and Ouch Ouch have both bounced back from CV quickly running wise too due to the vaccines......you are youngish and fit so like you say you probably will be pretty unaffected by CV but you cant guarantee it.
  • I'm not looking forward to my booster. Both doses of AZ made me quite ill. Best to get it out of the way soon though. I wonder when I'll get an invite. I don't want it interfering with races!

I also got a free entry from Run Through as my prize for being first lady at Aintree. I've used it to enter Leicestershire half in February.

Race 3 in the 4 race North Midlands League today. It was freezing and very, very windy. That course is always muddy (and hilly). Not my favourite! But we think we're still well clear in the lead as a team and I will still be first V40 by some margin. Just one more to go in January. 
  • I hope OO goes well in Valencia this morning! 

Well done at XC yesterday Speedy!

Having some underwhelming training runs recently where I just don't feel I'm hitting the paces I was a couple of weeks ago or where I was pre marathon. Bit demoralising but trying to just keep grinding the training out. 

Having a crack at parkrun next week so that will give me a good idea of where I'm at.
  • A very easy 5 miles for me, having finally shaken off post-cold knackeredness.  Otherwise, a not-fun weekend, as 1,600 pages to read over the 2 days.  #LivingTheDream

Hope all went well for OO.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    3:11 at Valencia today. Not as good as I hoped. Not as bad as I feared. A strong finish at least and the past race drinking is going well. Average HR of 181 tells the story. It was 190 at one stage so I had to back off. The hip was also quite sore.
     Lovely race though. Really enjoyed the course and the support. I would highly recommend.