Sub 3

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Wardi - i had sore groin , and core muscles, from not being used to running fast i guess. Both AZ jabs gave me CV post symptoms again, achey body, flared up niggles etc we'll see what the booster does, if i get to have it Sunday. If we develop CV this week the boosters will be delayed (although we wont then need the boosters). 
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Funny old game TR.  The 2 x AZ jabs gave me & the Mrs no problems at all.  The Moderna left us fatigued and a sore arm for a day.  When I got up yesterday I felt like I'd run a 20m race!
    Effects almost gone today so 14.5m done in light winds.
    Managed to pick up some NB Fuelcell race elites for about £135 in the black Friday melee.  Normally £210!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Wardi - good price that. I havnt see any deals yet.

Doms from 1/2 mara was dwindling, so i topped it up with some S and C last night. 8m easy home tonight.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    8m this morning inc 10x3min which was slow on sore quads but not as tragic as last week . 5m home again tonight, to ensure my bike is at the right end to be able to run in tomorrow.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Nice double TR, must admit speed/quality is more of a late morning/ afternoon/evening thing for me when my legs have woken up properly.

Those shoes were £157 at Sportsshoes, also my club had a 15% discount code which made it £133 when applied.  Didn't see much in the way of Nike's prime shoes on offer on that site.
    4.5+5m double today, gave the new shoes a run out and first impressions very comfy and plenty of spring.
    Looking at the forecast for Saturday I think whatever I do will be on the treadie! :#
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    TR - Nice double and faster session today, especially so after the HM race at the weekend.  
    Wardi - Good double for you too and that looks like a sound buy.
    Joe - Close shave with CV.

Thanks for the well dones, feel fine after the marathon so likely to go out for an easy run later.  Time also for some new general training shoes so bought some Pegasus from Nike (£55!) and some NB Propel (£43), never run in either version before, so should see me through the best part of 2022. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Wardi - those shoes are well reviewed. I might be in danger of wearing my new jacket tomorrow!!!!!!

OO - pegs are good, decent cushioning, hardwearing and not too heavy. 55 is decent, i often psy 70ish. I tried to buy sone for 55 yday morning but got the same error code at checkout that i got back in the summer when i tried to buy 2 cheap pairs then. No issue buying the Next% of course.

Got a reminder of my rolled over Goodwood place for next sunday, not that interested after last sundays effort, but ive switched to the 1/2 already, so will probably do it as a training booster if the conditions arnt too grim.

6m eaay today.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    OO.. good to see you have recovered from Gran Canaria quickly.  A clubmate of mine always reckoned we recover better from a faster, target achieved all out marathon.  BTW my Mrs has some NB Propels & likes them.

5.2m this morning, a bit breezy but dry & a nice temp.  All gone down hill since then so 55mph gusts & rain/snow showers due tonight & most of tomorrow. 
    I'm doing a scenic trail race at Sherwood Forest on Sunday (I used to live there as a nipper so a trip down memory lane).  It looks like the storm will have blown through by then, just a very cold 1-2 degrees to deal with!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Copped a bit of a weather beating this morning, but 16m bagged as planned.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    True grit TR, bet it felt good to get that done & back in the warmth.  I guess the rain jacket was pressed into service?
    Very wild here, bits of someone's plastic corrugated roof lying around in the lane next to our house, two local Parkruns cancelled.
    10k on the treadie for me, I'll save my legs for the trail race & add a few miles on. 
    Re. Malaga.. looks like a PCR test is now needed (again) for all arrivals into the UK.  Glad I hadn't got round to forking out £40 for 2 x LFT tests!   
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Wardi - no, it was a Phil Collins job, it was more windchill and gales with less rain than expected. I'll save the jacket for the (really) bad weather. Hope its better for your trail race.
  • I hope your race is going ahead Wardi, they closed Sherwood Pines today due to the weather. It's still pretty wild outside my window. 

Parkrun roulette for us today. Initially the plan was a fast one at Long Eaton, but I canned that mid-week having seen the forecast. No point trekking all the way there for a slow time. So plan B was Forest Rec easy plus hill reps. At 8.15 there was no update on facebook, the wind had dropped but it was snowing heavily. We arrived at 8.30 to find it was cancelled. Plan C - Colwick. Check facebook. Nope, also cancelled. So plan D was Gedling. Horribly exposed but it's a new country park and the trees are all still quite small, so no fallen trees or fallen branches. Just the snow (which turned to slush) to worry about. And the wind. It wasn't nearly as bad as forecast, but it's always windy up there. Since hardly anyone braved the weather I finished 4th overall and 1st lady despite taking it very carefully in the slippery slushy bits and near grinding to a halt in the wind. I was a whole minute slower than my best on that (hilly AF) course. 
  • It turns out I timed my feeling-very-knackered-and-like-I-might-have-a-cold to perfection, as I rested on Friday and yesterday.  I did 15 miles today, but could tell by the end that my heart rate was a bit elevated.  Fingers crossed I've not set my recovery from the lurgy back!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Jools - sounds like the lurgy is on the way out if you were ok for most of that 15m.

CC - thats some commitment to parkrun. Do they have differing start times then? Ive never done a parkrun and assumed they were all the same.

Turbo intervals and a booster jab for me today.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    TR.. let me know if you get any side effects from the booster jab, I felt very fatigued the next day.  BTW  All the UK Parkruns are 9am. There are some areas where they do seem bunched together so easy to reach a 2nd run if the first one is postponed.

Jools.  I suspect you were just encountering the final throes of that bug, well done getting the 15m done.

CC2.. yes the race was good to go, infact the start/finish area looked very pretty this morning.  Excellent Parkrun finding BTW, I reckon there are six within 10m of my house.  

I had a decent enough run, 2nd in the old codger rankings.  A bit slower than my last visit but my excuse is that I never seem to run well in the cold - or off road! 1 degree today.  Very picturesque in the forest trails with the sun shining though.  Drove/crawled home through quite heavy snow around Sheffield & Barnsley.

• Looks lovely Wardi! I slept through the whole morning today and didn't get out until noon for my 12 miles, which I did from home rather than spend half an hour each way in the car to get to somewhere flatter. It was relatively calm but very cold and the next round of snow started just as I got to the end. 

TR, no, all 9am, but we arrived at Forest Rec at 8.30 and it's only 10/15 mins drive to Gedling or Colwick from there. We could probably also have made it to the start of Bestwood Village or Wollaton Park in time, but both would have been more of a rush. There are loads round here. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good day wardi.

Spo has been a bit roughed up by her jab as expected  (due to her long covid), i was a bit achey and shivery earlier, but pretty minimal really. Could have run but have given myself a day off after all 3 jabs, so just bike commutes today.
  • ToroToro ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all, been busy few days in Mallorca. Swimming lesson with SwimSmooth Mallorca, Cycled Sa Calobra - 112km, 8hr day out, 5hrs riding time. Then 40km and 800m to Cap Formentor. Legs tired and sore but happy!

Might run later, real easy. Nice bargain hunting.

Fingers crossed Jools.

TR - hopefully you feel better today.

Wardi - sounds great - 8 degrees in Mallorca felt chilly so not sure I'm ready for snow yet!

Have a good week.
  • Toro - that sounds immense. Love the ride out to Cap Formentor. Been with a few friends in recent years and we have a leisurely ride out then race it back to Port de Pollenca. I'm alright uphill so tend to have a lead before the final descent but that gets overhauled.

I see the usual good work is going on out there and some necessary weather dodging or in CC's case seeking out the tough conditions!

Still haven't had my next massage and was going to see a physio yesterday but he is very risk averse and I felt I should let him know I was feeling a bit sniffly and that my other half has been consigned to bed with a cold. Knee felt all sorts of tangled up with a bit of walking around at the weekend so I'm no closer, maybe even further away from, a return to running. Staying at a hotel in London with a pool so i'm going to attempt some swimming later on. It's a terrible discipline for me so it won't look pretty but i'll take any cardio I can get.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Sounds like some good R n R Toro, good for you. You are nearly home now.

Joe - shame you're still not back to it yet.

7m here, felt a bit iffy at first, but then my head cleared and i was ok, we'll see how it goes re Sundays 1/2 mara.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    TR.. good to hear the jab effects didn't last too long, how's the SPO doing?

Toro.. great bike training in Mallorca, that's a long time in the saddle!  Temps have jumped to 10 degrees here today.

Joe.. sorry you're still on the bench, but I would grab any exercise possible too be it cycling, swimming etc.

I think my Malaga trip is doomed with the recent changes.  We don't have the time to isolate as per PCR test rules when we return, plus we are concerned about getting stuck one way or another the way things are going.  It was all booked with Jet2 so I'm trying to get a credit for a trip next year.  100's of others are doing the same thing judging by their FB page.

10.3m today, a bit breezy but temps were pleasant as above.
  • 5 miles for me last night and breathing is definitely still not right, rather frustratingly, and I'm still extremely tired.  Really odd to have had a cold that didn't make me particularly ill but is lingering so persistently nonetheless!
  • PS: sorry about Malaga, Wardi, but I can understand why you've taken that decision.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Toro - That sounds an excellent way to spend a few days.
    Joe - A hotel with a pool sounds good. Hope your back running soonest.  The swimming will help loosen you up. 
    TR - Good you seem OK, post your booster jab, got mine Friday. Where is the 1/2? 
    Wardi - Unlucky, when the announcement was made I did wonder what you would do, makes travelling too risky again. But the silver lining is will have the chance for a post Malaga marathon beer after all, at the end of 2022! 
    Joolska - Take it easy.  Plenty of vits.

First week of post-marathon recovery, so just daily 4/5 mile runs with the dog. Had some good news, as my entry into the OCC @ UTMB in 2021 will roll over for August 2022 in the French Alps. So as well as keeping the sub-3 streak going that will be the key running focus for 2022.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hope you got yr trip deferred wardi

Jools - lots of colds about, hopefully you'll shrug it off soon. I still have the pne i had at Gosport, although i guess the booster fidnt help symptoms.

OO - good new re August........i have a rolled over GW place for Sunday, but i changed to the 1/2 a few weeks back. Weather looks pants with NW which is the worse direction and what it was for the 3:00.00. However Gosport showed im not in top form so ill use it as a wu, 1/2, wd with some extra miles on the circuit and aim for mp ish and see how i feel.

8m inc 10x3min today and felt more or less normal. Real tight bumcakes/hammies again so maybe thats the turbo doing that on a sunday.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the commiserations all, ATM Jet2 are asking a jaw dropping £150 pp to transfer to another trip.  I could understand it more if a straight refund was requested but I find it a bit mean when you intend to take what is effectively a credit note.  Bizarrely they are not charging passengers who are not vaccinated as they see that as a valid reason to cancel (they can't get into Spain unless double jabbed).  I do feel for parents who've booked with kids though as not many kids are double jabbed.  Tui & Easyjet aren't charging anything to defer apparently so feelings are running high!

OO.. good to see you out running again, that's a decent recovery from Gran Canaria.  Excellent news re. the UTMB race.  BTW I might be game for Barca 2022 seeing as there is no London in spring.

TR.. nice 3 min workout & I hope the conditions are good for Sunday.

Jools.. those chest colds can take a bit of shifting, hope it clears soon for you.

7.5+4m double today.  The first run this morning was in squally showers so I chose my usual sheltered cycle route which does offer a bit of relief from adverse conditions.  Second run on the treadie.
  • Wow, that's a hell of an admin fee, Wardi.  I guess it will depend in part on T&Cs, but maybe worth complaining and taking it to the ombudsman?  (Sorry, consumer law definitely not my area so I'm speculating here!)
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Ouch Wardi, hopefuly some travel rules change in yr favour. Travel is probably going tobe tricky through to Spring now.

8m home tonight.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    I have just opened a Whatsapp chat with Jet2, the replies are very slow so I will be patient and see what they have to offer.  I get the impression that deferral to the same resort, time, hotel etc next year would be the cheapest option.

I'm away this weekend for a chums get together- Derbyshire so no PCR tests required!  Might be tempted by a local Parkrun as there are a couple nearby.

2 x 4m today, very sunny though a bit icy on my trail loop this morning. 
  • Wardi - Barcelona is something to look forward too.  Looks like it clashes with the Manchester marathon, which I am intending to run.
    TR - Think your right, the odds of running Madeira are getting long, as it looks like everyone is ramping-up the travel requirements/ hassle.

5m easy today, just after my booster jab first thing.  So far, so good as feel OK.