Options

Piccadilly marathon 1982

Hi this is for Graham Who has the results of a these marathons I believe. Is there any chance you could look up my times and finishing position please. I did Piccadilly in 1982 and Stockport either the year before or after. Medals sent engraved unfortunately. Any help greatly appreciated. Could you email me its ralphcasson@sky.com. Thanks

Comments

• Options

Hi Graham. I did the 1982 Piccadilly marathon and I think my time was between 3 hrs 38 and 3 hrs 45. Could you please confirm? 

Many thanks

Robert Steele

• Options
    Hi Robert - I am so sorry that it has taken me over 3 years to see you message - I only hope that you can read it on the forum still, if you have any interest. I will try to look up your exact time and post it here. Please leave it with me. Cheers Graham
  • Options
    > @Robert Steele2 said:
    > Hi Graham. I did the 1982 Piccadilly marathon and I think my time was between 3 hrs 38 and 3 hrs 45. Could you please confirm? 
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    >  
    >
    > Robert Steele

Hi Robert - I am very sorry that it has taken me so long to find your result in the 1982 Piccadilly Radio Charity Marathon, but I did not see your post until very recently. If you can send me an E-mail address, I am more than happy to send you documentary proof, but here is your result and position

2243rd in a time of 3 hours 43 minutes 58 seconds.

Hope that this helps and does not find its way to your junk mail !

Kind regards

Graham Stirling
  • Options
    Hello Graham, you seem to be to go to guy for help in confirming Manchester Piccadilly marathon 1982 times. You seem to be providing a fantastic service and I hope that you could help me. My brother Patrick Gallagher and I both ran in the 1982 marathon and I would be very pleased if you could help to confirm our finish times. I know I finished in about 4 1/2 hours and he finished well before me. Thanks for helping so many others to date.
    Best regards,
    John
  • Options
    Hi Graham!
    Like the others, I'm looking for confirmation of old marathon times, namely the Manchester mara in 1982 and 83.
    I did the former in around 2:57 (think I was vest #2051), and '83 in approx 3.25.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Hi Steven. It's amazing what you find in the attic. Manchester marathon results for 1982 which show that you finished 317/6837 finishers in a time of 2:57:29.
    I myself was a minute or so behind you in 2:58:57. I must try harder!
    Best wishes,
    Rob