Sunday 26th December 2021 Is this the real life?

Morning!

Lyrics: Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

Apparently the only song to be a Christmas number one twice. 

Yesterday's were When a Child is Born, Johnny Matthis

Well done on the tough parkslide, Emz!

What: short and easy

Why: Sunday usually is although can't go to the fitness suite which is my usual Sunday routine. It doesn't reopen until the New Year.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning again!

Just over 20 minutes d&d to bring up just over 35 km for the week. I know it isn't much but it is the highest for 2 months. 

Onwards and upwards! Would be nice to get back to the 50 km plus weeks of last January!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming everyone has passed out in a Christmas day food coma!
    What - 10 miles of hills, trails and water
    Why - fat burning
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - some of that was (terrain wise), pace comfortable. 
    lyric - I do

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Afternoon!

Sounds a decent outing, Dustin! Hope to able to match your ten miles in a couple of months!

I hope that you don't mind me revealing the lyrics that you used the other day! 
    Christmas Wrapping, The Waitresses, covered by the Spice Girls amongst others! 

In the kitchen preparing buffet for my three offspring and two partners...and listening to the Foxes being thrashed. 
    Wonder if Wabo is watching Spurs.
  • Afternoon

Landed back home after 24 hours in Germany at the PIL.

You are getting there Ale. Have fun with the family, buffet sounds nice.

Good way to work off some Christmas food Dustin.

Good idea with the jigsaw Els, might get going with one tomorrow, I have a short queue of them and the weather is pretty uninspiring the next few days.

Lovely pic yesterday Chicksta, thanks.

Well done for parkrunning emzap.

What: nothing today, have postponed to tomorrow
    Why: traffic jams on the way back would mean wet and dark and no real need for that
    Last hard: PIL really aren't really up to hosting Christmas any more but sorting out alternatives is so difficult.
    Last rest: 26.12.21

Lyrics: hmmm
  • Afternoon! 
    Hazel tough if they're not really up to it. jigsaw complete...Rach and I like them the rest of family not so much.
    Then 7m run on local small roads..v quiet. Then landlocked Swiss residing daughter wanted to go to a beach so drove to Aberdour and walked on beach and Fife coastal path.quite nice walk.
    Heading back now.
  • Coast path walk sounds lovely, Els. I'm reading Raynor Winn's Salt Path right now and love it.

Hazel: Oh dear. That's difficult to deal with. If it weren't for COVID maybe going away over xmas could be an option.

Nice fat burning strategy, Dustin.

Sounds like a feast for your offspring, ale.

Yes to lyrics.

And I ran 12 miles today 👊🏼  lovely sunny day but very cold and a nasty wind-chill too. I needed a long hot bath to defrost 🔥
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all.

Made it to my dad's ok, leaving quite early this morning and avoiding all traffic. Lucas thrilled to be here.

1mile done around his house. Didn't have time to run before we left.

Dustin it's boxing day today, I'm in a boxing day food coma.

My dad kindly told me I'd need to run 35 miles to burn off yesterday's dinner. He doesn't understand runners 😂🤣
  • Ale..you're building up the miles nicely there!
    Hope your buffet is great family time.
    Emz..nice that you've got to your Dad's...enjoy and ignore comments about miles you need to run.
    I'm playing it by ear this week but trying to fit my runs in.
  • Chick...it's a good read that book. I got the Fell...it's about folk isolating in last Dec lockdown...enjoying it so far.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    I watched spurs from home alehouse, I tested positive today. Felt so ill last night thought I'd test a even though I tested negative yesterday
    No running.
    Hope everyone is ok
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Oh no, Wabo! What a pain! Haven't you had Covid already? Decent result for your team: hope it cheered you up a little. 

Ate too much, again, when the family were round, even though I was trying to restrain myself! Won't be running 35 miles to run it off, Emz!

Little miss landlocked in Switzerland seems to be enjoying herself, Els/OH!
  • Ah no wabo...twice is two times too many. Hope you recover fast!
    Ale same here on the eating too much. It all events out in the long run!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh no wabo. Hope you're ok

I'm pretty sure I'll leave here a stone heaver than when I arrived. I just can't stop eating.....
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Had it last December as well. I was really ill then so I hope it's not as bad
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can