Tuesday 28th December 2021  We don't need no education

Morning!

Lyrics: We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control

Yesterday's were Mull of Kintyre, a Christmas number one for Wings. I agree with your thoughts on this, Dustin!

Another Christmas number one today!

What: short and wet, probably

Why: the forecast
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Afternoon!

Quiet!

What: just over 20 minutes

Why: all the legs could muster.

How are you feeling, Wabo?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Is a bit quiet..  Don't know / remember who else - I am off work this week doesn't feel much like a holiday at the moment as just back from a big shop.  Weather isn't decent enough for gadding around though.

Sounds like you need to recover from Christmas a bit Ale.

I saw Wabo was playing a game on Fetch so hopefully not too bad.

Good to have a goal emzap.  Hope the conditions are a bit better for getting out and about today.

Muddy hills sound like a bit of a workout indeed Dustin.

What: Few village loops with 1 set of hill sprints and 1 set of strides
    Why: plan, going into the woods might be a bit dodgy with the current gusts.
    Next hard: the wind will be, will also likely get wet.  Isn't very cold though.
    Last rest: 26.12.21

Lyrics: yes
  • Sorry, I seem to have missed yesterday. But nothing to report anyway. Rain fell on frozen ground so you can all imagine what that meant. Usually it's a matter of a few hours but somehow it kept drizzling and somehow the temps refused to budge. The black ice was still there this morning but thankfully it had warmed up to about 4 degrees by mid-day so I managed to venture out for 5 miles.

Sorry to hear you caught Covid again, wabo. It's really rampant at the moment. 

Hopefully you weren't blown around too much, Hazel. 

I really liked Mull of Kintyre  :#  but I was a kid back then so hopefully I'm forgiven. 

The next few days will likely be very wet and very windy. Sigh. I much preferred the cold, crisp days with blue skies. 
  • Afternoon!
    Lyrics yes awol this morning as trying to make the most of daylight. Fairly sedentary day yesterday with the family though 2 short walks.  Ellie very entertaining!
    Today headed up Dumyat..a small but interesting hill in the Ochills. Then came back for some lunch and straight out for 6.5 mile local loop before it got dark. First blue sky day over Christmas.
    Hoping Wabo isn't too bad. Lots of friends and relations down with it. 
    Back to play with Ellie tomorrow and home on Thurs.
    Hope all having a decent afternoon.
  • Lyrics yes
    Some views from Dumyat
    I had an incident involving a waterfall around the time of the Wings hayday - my family made great play of another Wings hit!gs hit! 

• Update on Ellie and the orange:
    Her latest trick is crawling through the coffee table and chair bottoms so we just laughed when she appeared to try to crawl under a sideboard with less than 6" clearance.
    5 minutes later her dad discovered the aim of her quest - the orange had rolled under the sideboard. She was happy to be reunited.
  • The Ochills from my run this afternoon.
  • Evening! 

Looks a better day there than here, Els/OH! Great photos, both!

How old is Ellie now? Time flies!

Yuk to the ice, Chick, but at least you got something done later.
    We have a few wet and warm days coming up. Could be 14 degrees, and likely to be 17 for people like Wabo and Dustin. It wasn't that warm in August!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els/OH - lovely pics
    Ale - at least you got something done
    Chick - glad conditions improved to get out!
    Hazel - good work on the hills & sprints

What - Manchester training: Threshold run 16 minutes & 14 minutes at LT pace with 4 mins easy between, plus long warm up & cool down = 12 miles total. Afternoon at the spa, sauna, steam room, hot tub, water jets & sleep.
    why - schedule & family treat
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that was
    lyric - ah yes, great song

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ale!! Your team!! What a game -happy for you
     i don't feel great tbh but just wanted to say that
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope you are feeling better soon, Wabo! Yes, a great win. Spurs really should have buried Southampton!