Wednesday 29th December 2021 You could hear the hoof beats pound

Morning!

Lyrics: You could hear the hoof beats pound
As they raced across the ground

A novelty record that was a Christmas number one. I hope that it wouldn't be released now, never mind being a hit.

What: the aim is around 40 minutes

Why: will depend on the legs...and the weather. Currently pouring.

Yesterday's lyrics were Pink Floyd, Another brick in the wall, Christmas 1979's number one.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Similar weather here Ale, not much chance of a dry run really.  

Good to see Wabo drop in yesterday - Get well soon!

Glad you managed an ice-free run Chicksta.  

Great photos yesterday Els / OH.  Dumyat does look interesting and provides a great view.  Good news that Ellie got her orange back.

I can imagine the spa afternoon was much appreciated after the LT session Dustin.  

What: 8-9 local miles
    Why: plan, should be doable today wind-wise.  
    Last hard: pacing yesterday's run - windy and undulating route - had to go by effort and probably overdid it as usual
    Last rest: 26.12.21

Lyrics: not today
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ooh Dustin a spa afternoon. Sounds so nice
    Hazel enjoy your run today!
    Lyrics no but I'm thinking of these clues
    Alehouse have a good run and day! 
    What nothing
    Why isolating and no energy
    Last hard Christmas morning
    Last rest yesterday
    Have a good day all, thank goodness my place closes down for Christmas!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh I did know the lyrics lol
  • Hope that you are feeling better soon, Wabo.
    Plenty to drink, but not alcohol...or milk!

Enjoy your run, Hazel. Still pouring here.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    The wet theme continues here, probably not best for this:
    What - 8 miles trails along by the (likely flooded) river
    Why - get off road and check to see if after 18 months the council have repaired the one river crossing that was scheduled to take 4 weeks
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday 
    lyric - not immediately, will ponder
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh went for a run yesterday in our forest and he said the crazy river loop we run now has the whole path as a river 😱
  • Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit rough, wabo. Well done for OH to manage a run. Sounds like you had a lot of rain then. 

Was your bridge recce succesful, Dustin?

Els/OH: Amazing pics yesterday. And your play time with Ellie sounds like a lot of fun. 

Hope you had a good runs, Ale and Hazel. 

I managed 10 miles today. It's one of those days where it simply stays dark and the clouds kiss the earch. No wind though, so it wasn't too bad for running. 
  • Afternoon!

Brightened up considerably after a grey and wet morning. Well done on the 10, Chick

Hope that you found dry places to run, Dustin!

40 minutes here, off road with detours due to floods. Hard work again even though I was running at a very gentle pace. 

Sun is out so a short spell of cross training in the garden beckons. Whilst the days are longer I noticed that it doesn't start getting lighter in the morning until just into the new year.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Back again
    Solid runs Chick , Ale
    There is still no bridge, I have wet shoes and socks  :D 
    Plenty of surface water or mud or a combination of the two. 7.5 miles of slog. What doesn't kill you etc. 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Chucking it down and dark at dad's this morning so postponed run till we were home. Lucky I did as sunshine and warm here!

So guess what, I do still have some speed.

Did 3x 1 km with 90 sec recovery. Aim was 5:39/km. Did 5:34, 5:32 and 5:34 so really happy with that!

Wabo sorry to hear it's knocked you.
    Gorgeous pics oh and els (and Ellie and the orange made me giggle).

Have a wonderful evening all
  • Different day here today...wet, dark and v windy.
    Entertained by Ellie this morning and by time had lunch had to get out quick to run before dark. Rather uninspired 5m all I managed...at least it was a back wind on way home!
    Hope you're not too bad Wabo.
    Needing to get packed up this evening .