Friday 31st December 2021 You say, "Yes", I say, "No"

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: You say, "Yes", I say, "No"
You say, "Stop" and I say, "Go, go, go"

Yesterday's were Bob the Builder with We can fix it. Just right for Lucas, Emz!

What: last run of the year

Why: saying goodbye to 2021, thankfully. Hello 2022: hope it is a good year for you all!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning from v small fracture clinic! 
    Lyrics...yes.
    Enjoy your run Ale, hope to get one later though tired after travel.
    Have a good day all.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yes, tune
    Els hope all is good with you all
    Alehouse, have a good run and yes hope 2022 is a good one. 
    I'm actually sitting here and thinking of lots of good things that have happened this year, I don't like dissing any year there's always some good hopefully. 
    Nothing today waiting for my test result
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Morning again!

You sound more up beat, Wabo! Hope the test result is a good one!

Yes, positive thoughts about this year...and 2022 is particularly good!

Not run yet: waiting for the weather to improve.

Edit: waterproof socks! Hazel, I don't find that they keep my feet particularly dry, or particularly warm; however they do keep me warmer than ordinary socks, they don't get soggy and slip down etc and they do keep my feet reasonably clean. 
    Interesting that we are discussing this: I rarely wore socks at all when I was running more seriously, and never in cross country or track races. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon!

Short run d&d to feed daughter's cat brought up just over 137k for the month and a total of 1233k for the year. Must do better next year. Just two fairly forgettable parkruns. 

Happy New Year when it arrives!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to my 100th park run about February I think alehouse
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo, hope you feel better again!
    Clinic done, run done (7m for 7th day of Christmas), canceling and reordering lost debit card fail! Managed to cancel over phone on second attempt then told could only reorder at local branch with photo ID so duly went after run to find all shut up and festive opening times handily pinned high on a window out of view, unless I went back with bonoculars. Ah well.
    Run out of steam again after not very much sleep last night.
    No idea on years totals, somewhere between 1000 and 2000 miles, can you extract this info from a Garmin 35? I doubt it.
    Have a good New Year all, I'm hoping will be quiet for us.
  • Els: how annoying re. debit card. I had a scare last week when I stood at the supermarket tills and my card wasn't there 😲 Luckily I had enough cash and hubby found it under the couch 😉

I like your positive attitude, Wabo. Wow, 100 parkruns is pretty epic.

Ale: different generation if runners back then. Comfort wasn't high on the agenda. Think Ron Hill in his string vest 😀

8 miles in balmy 12 degrees. It was t-shirt weather. Crazy on the last day of the year.

Happy New Year later, peeps 🍾🥂🎉
  • Afternoon

Fingers crossed for the test result Wabo. I like your positive attitude too. 100 parkruns would be a great eraly goal for 2022 then.

Cheers for the infos on the socks Ale. I have a couple of brands I tend to stick to but could also look at more. Expensive things socks (well what isn't here). Hope the cat appreciates the service. If you keep up your current mileage you will do better in 2022.

Quiet clinic sounds good Elspeth.  Hope you get that card sorted soon. Like the way you don't chase miles.

You were lucky with your own card there Chicksta. Mild and after early fog, sunny. Mountains looked lovely on our afternoon walk.

Wishing everyone a good start into 2022 later. Currently watching the qualifcation for the NYD 4 hills ski jumping - who remembers Eddie the Eagle?

What: about 14.5k with a tough hill session, 6 x around 3 mins.
    Why: plan
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 30.12.2021

Lyrics: familiar
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - strong session
    Chick - decent mileage!
    Els - hope you get the card sorted
    Ale - decent year of running
    Wabo - fingers crossed for the test result

What - club's 2k relay (4 x 2k all ages), plus a few miles
    Why - tradition
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - 2k earlier...
    lyric - think so

Wishing you all a very happy New Year!!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 4x800 today with 90 sec recovery. All around 4:17-4:30.  
    Why: I need to get faster
    Last hard: that! Oh and staying up till midnight, that's not going to happen!
    Lyrics: yes

Els, glad clinic was quiet
    Wahoo fingers crossed you're free soon!
    Chick hubby lost his yesterday too
    About to watch dinner for 1 then I can go to bed 🤣😂

Happy new year all. Facebook kindly reminded me I ran a 24:59 min 5km 8 years ago. Must focus on getting faster next year!

New shoes and shorts arrived today, will be giving them a whirl at parkrun tomorrow