Saturday 1st January 2022 Another year over, a new one just begun.

Morning!

Lyrics: Another year over, a new one just begun.

The last Christmas number one: new theme tomorrow. In the autumn it was girls' names so the turn of the boys next.

Yesterday's were Hello, Goodbye, The Beatles

What: probably a short run shortly

Why: longer tomorrow

Enjoy parkrun, anyone taking part. 

Have a great 2022!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Great theme alehouse! 
    Happy new year and enjoy your short run! 
    What might attempt one mile later off road
    Why only if test is negative today
    Last hard week ago
    Last rest 26/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Morning again!

Hope that you are negative, Wabo! And hope that you can get to the 100 parkruns soon!
    100 sounds a lot...RFJ has done over FIVE hundred! I can't imagine that! He is still walking them each week, I believe. Gobi has done over 400! Plus another 100+ volunteering.

What: just over half an hour very easy

Why: easy start to the new year. Warm: wore shorts! Just two tops! Must be summer! Grey and windy though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'm negative!!! 
    Phew
    500+ is mad. I've been doing them since about 2013 I think and it's taken me this long to almost hit 100. So many do them every week great to see great rfj is doing them. Hope he's ok

• That's a result, Wabo! Put your kit on! How did you feel  when you had Covid this time? 
    BR 464 parkruns, Hilly, 400+

• Amazing parkrun numbers. Not gonna happen for me 😊
    The UK had a massive headstart 😉

Glad you're negative, wabo 👍🏻

Well, my 2022 got off to a rotten start with our heating broken 😲 I'm just glad that didn't happen last week, when it was double digit minus temps. I still went for a 5 mile run and managed a lukewarm shower. Our local village plumber came to the rescue and everything was fixed by 2pm. It was a fried motherboard in the control unit. Not looking forward to the bill but I would have paid any price I guess 😉
  • Afternoon and happy new year!

Great news you are now testing negative Wabo and can get out again - take it easy!

100+ parkruns is impressive - need to find a word still for 500+!  I have exactly 0 - but next time in the UK..

Easy start to the new year sounds good Ale.  Please say hi to RFJ if you have contact with him.

That is carp timing with the heating chicksta - it could have waited a couple of days for regular working time (or better not broken down at all!).  Shudder to the lukewarm shower - I am very much in the hot showers camp.

Good speedwork to finish the year emzap.  Hope the new gear worked well today.  

What: cycling done - nearly 28 miles / recovery 4 miles in a bit
    Why: taking advantage of the still mild weather.  Winter returns on Wednesday according to the forecast
    Last hard: Not cycling further but there is always that bloody great hill on the way back..
    Last rest: 30.12.21

Lyrics: no, good idea for the new theme.
  • PW at parkrun this morning
    (I'm just on 77  ...)

Just received blue NHS letter saying I'm eligible for Mono Clonal Antibody therapy should I become Covid positive - a double edged sword!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - aaarrgghhh, but at least it's fixed now
    Wabo - pleased it was -ve
    Hazel - good session
    Ale - good work getting out, enjoy the longer one tomorrow
    OH - no idea what Mono Clonal Antibody is, but sounds interesting!
    Park runs - impressive totals, one of my club mates has his 500th later this month. I did my first in August 2009 and chalked up a mighty 18 in total in the next 12 1/2 years  :D 

What - LSR, just over 16 miles. 
    Why - schedule
    last rest - last year  :p 
    last hard - that was. Very mild and was just a case of getting it done.
    lyric - yes

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just back from a mile off road with our brand new head torches. Took it super easy. 
    Felt great getting out there.
    Alehouse definitely not as bad as last year but I have felt rough tbh. 
    Dustin great miles! 
    Hazel nice cycle miles, crazy how mild it is
    Chick glad heating is fixed and I hope not too pricy
    What 1 mile plus head torch 😉
    Why I can
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12
  • Evening!
    Lyrics...yes.
    Wabo...good to hear you feel better and are out again.
    Chick...not good on heating but at least fixed now.
    Hazel...wasn't a cycling day here, too windy!
    Parkrun marshalling was bleak, it was dark and very windy and was doing finish tokens so couldn't run around to stay warm.
    Quick change after and out for a run with a few club folk but never managed to keep up and gave up half way and took another route home alone. A bit despondent as I'm not gonna get any faster!
    Afternoon indoors though winds are now less!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els nice one on the volunteering. I know how you feel about not getting faster. At least we can though but I do get you x
  • Evening!

Hope you are ok, OH: parkrun sounds a struggle!

Sorry to hear about the heating, Chick, but sorted quickly! 

Wabo: just been talking to my Watford mate...
    I guess today's result will make you feel better! And glad you got out!

Decent start to the new year,  Dustin!

Sounds like a decent day, Hazel!

I'm struggling to keep up with anyone as well, Els! Was passed by a runner this morning who appeared to be almost walking! 

Hope that Emz enjoyed parkrun!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Definitely happy with those 3 points alehouse