Sunday 2nd January 2022 Nobody knows where my Johnny has gone

Morning!

Lyrics: Nobody knows where my Johnny has gone

Yesterday's were Happy Xmas (War is Over) by John, Yoko, The Plastic Ono Band with The Harlem Community Choir. Kept off the number one slot by Ernie the fastest milkman in the west!

What: should be 68 minutes but may leave that for tomorrow and do something shorter

Why: chance to run with M76 tomorrow
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    Lyrics yes
    Alehouse save the longer for m76 run
    I've actually done 92 park runs so 8 more, started in 2011. Hackney was my number one. I know people who do the alphabet of park runs!! 
    What another mile with head torch later
    Why it was fun
    Last hard that
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Quiet today.

Dustin/OH: I'm also intrigued what this mono nucleo thingie is.

Doing tokens or timing is grim on a cold day, Els. I prefer marshalling, at least you can run on the spot to stay warm.

Wabo: parkrun alphabet sounds great. But not in COVID times, I guess. Glad you managed to get out.

Longer run in company sounds good, ale. 68 mins is extremely precise. Do you increase your long runs by minutes?

Hazel: nice bit of cycling. Were forecast colder weather too my midweek. I hope that means less windy. I had planned a long run today but was blown about so badly that I lost the will to live.

What: 10k
    Why: too windy for 20
    Last hard: headwind
    Last rest: 30/12
    Lyrics: yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Afternoon!

I was being a little cryptic, Chick! On this day last year I ran 67 minutes, and the year before it was 66! And hopefully the title of the lyrics is appropriate!

Short run d&d before the rain; the 68 (or more) is postponed until tomorrow, in the company of M76. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Your birthday Ale? Happy Birthday if so, and I know the lyrics!!
    Really wanted company but ran alone yet again! 9 miles, less windy than yesterday but colder.
    Not much else to report except used up most of the mincemeat on a batch of mince pies.
    Chick, nice running in the wind, not looking forward to the cold and 45mph winds promised for tomorrow.
    Wabo enjoy your headtorch run.
    Also my daughter and son in law's birthday!
  • Well spotted, Els!
    Awaiting family and a Chinese takeaway.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Many Happy Returns Ale! Presumably a celebratory ale? 
    What - 13 trail miles
    Why - club run with village group: 2 river crossings, plenty of mud, boggy trails. All easy paced.
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - yes!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Evening

Have a good 68 with M76 tomorrow Ale, will likely feel shorter in company.

Edit: ups: too slow today.. Happy Birthday!

Good to see you getting out Wabo. Alphabet parkrun sounds fun, can imagine it would take some travelling around. Enjoy the new headtorch. Which model have you got?

Grr to the wind chicksta, don't blame you for cutting that short.

Well done on the long run yesterday Dustin

Well done on the parkrunning/volunteering OH and Els, not so nice conditions by the sounds of it. Shame that no-one will back off a bit to run with you Els. Or can you find suitable routes that you cut off a bit and the others play catch up? That works pretty well for my Tuesday group.

What:22k with a faster 2nd half.
    Why: Getting back to P&D style longer runs.
    Next hard: back to work tomorrow
    Last rest: 30.12.21

Lyrics: yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday alehouse but please don't cry!!
    Mile on treadmill in the end as it was raining
    Hazel great running
    Dustin sounds like a brilliant run! 
    Els great miles
    Chick true about the alphabet. Some involve going abroad as well so count me out lol. Hope your 10k was good
    Easy mile on treaddy and 10 mins hooping
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday ale!!!

Went to parkrun yesterday, managed 29:47 which I was exceptionally pleased with!

Today am exhausted. Slept 2 hours this afternoon then ran a very very slow mile.

Wabo how are you feeling now?