Monday 3rd January 2022 What's it all about, xxxxx?

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Training
Morning! 

Lyrics: What's it all about, xxxxx?
Is it just for the moment we live?

Yesterday's were It's my party (and I'll cry if I want to), originally by Lesley Gore.

What: supposed to be 68 minutes plus with M76

Why: 68 minutes for yesterday's 68th birthday

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Have a nice run with M76 Ale - will be interesting to see how many minutes you do.

10 minutes hooping yesterday Wabo? As in hola hooping?  Or were you hopping?  Don't know which would be more difficult.

Well done on the sub-30 parkrun emzap.  Sounds like you needed the sleep yesterday.

What: walk / turbo
    Why: rest day runningwise
    Ongoing hard: back to work today but was quiet over the festive period so a gentle start
    Last rest: 03.01.22

Lyrics: not today.
  • Lyrics..yes I think so.
    Enjoy the delayed birthday run Ale!
    Hazel..still a BH here. Option to run11 m loop with some others this morning but legs v weary so mulling it over 
    Meanwhile some bread making going on.
    Weather meant to be v bad next 2 days so another reason to just get out!
    Have a good day all!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics yes
    Alehouse enjoy the 68 mins, bet you get it Spot on
    Hazel hula hoop, I need to get doing it again to get rid of the middle!!! Enjoy your day, I'm not back till weds
    Els I guess you'll get out and see what you can do? Especially if weather is turning
    Emzap well done on the park run, I'd like to go under 30 mins again sometime

What 2 miles today
    Why I set myself a plan on fetch lol
    Last hard yesterday treadmill
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

What: 68 + 2. 

Why: birthday run, nearly. Both M76 and I found it a bit of a struggle today. I have booked him for a similar time next year.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice one Ale! Good to get next year booked. Bet you're glad you're doing the years in minutes not km!
  • Wabo - yes I went and did it and v enjoyable, quite a few folk out and we stopped to regroup every so often so no one was left behind. One of us did bypass the muddy bit at the end on the road but that was the best bit! Finished in light snow and wind is indeed getting up...though nowhere near 45mph as yet! Nice to have a social run.
  • Happy belated birthday 🎈 Ale. Now I get it re. 68 mins. 😊

Well done hula hooping, Wabo

Emz: wow, a sub 30 parkrun is great 👏🏻

Gentle return to work sounds good, Hazel. I have the week off luckily.

Glad the wind held back, Els.

Foot 2.0 surgery anniversary tomorrow 😊 can't believe it's been a year. And 1.5 years in the other foot. Time flies.

Just 6k to the farm shop and back.

And I'm doing Adriene's 30 day yoga challenge. Day 2 completed 👍🏻 I have to adjust some stuff to avoid bending the toe but so far so good.
  • Chick, me too with YWA, also going to yoga class tomorrow so will be a bit of a tough yoga day! That year's gone quickly for you and now back running well!
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Swim at 8:15 (air temp 1°C)
    Jog to sports centre (0.7mil) for 45 min aqua walking and back
    Trying to refocus after disastrous 50min parkrun on Saturday (felt like jacking it in after 1st half lap)
    Lyrics no.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Sounds lovely els
    Chick I really need to do my Tai chi before I forget it!! You inspire me
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I need to get going with the yoga but it's so tough with Lucas at home.

What: just under 5km with 15x30 sec hill sprints in the middle
    Why: I will get faster
    Last hard: see above!
    Lyrics: nope

Oh that sounds like a chilly swim!
    Ale glad you had a nice run