alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: XXX,  the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for

XXX = Boy's name!

Yesterday's were Jilted John, by Jilted John

Back shortly!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Morning again!

What: probably around half an hour of gentle running

Why: run to feel

Jilted John! Memories of around 1977-78 when I shared a house with Jilted John, alias Graham Fellows. He was the only one in the house who didn't run but we managed to get him out on occasion. Later he re-invented himself as John Shuttleworth and I hear that he now spends part of his time on the Orkney Island of Rousay. 

Very cold here today, and due to get colder. Lots of scraping of cars, currently. 

Decorations all down. Need to box them up and label them. 

Chick: the area I live in has a reputation for being wet, so yes, there was an element of sarcasm! Actually most of the time it is simply grey. May well be bright and sunny today though.  
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Lol - it is January Ale.  You did get the year right though - I still keep writing 2021.
    Nice reminiscing.  Thanks for the decorations reminder too - not too many of them up anyway due to the cats.

I did get company on yesterday's run - 2 runners and 1 cyclist.

Great mileage yesterday chicksta.

Do you mean the P&L book Dustin?  I like the mix of workouts at the moment (multi-distance plan).

Wise to get a lift home yesterday in those conditions Els.

Hoovering definitely is cross-training emzap.

Ironing as well Wabo.

What: need to check but I think short speedwork is on the agenda today (200s).  Will depend on conditions a bit as I woke up to a bit of snow
    Why: plan
    Last rest: 3.1.21
    Edit for last hard: working out the line spacing again - works differently depending on what I am using..

Lyrics: no
  • Thanks re month, Hazel! Edit button works!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon. 

Just a mile gentle careful jog back from nursery. Was going to be 5km bit we slipped and slides our way there so thought it was sensible not to run on the lanes etc.  Will try and see if I can go to track on the way home tomorrow as it's meant to be slidey again.

Then a walk out to the post office.

I'm enjoying this week off with some child free time!

No to the lyrics.

Happy Wednesday!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - happy memories...
    Hazel - that's the one P&L (Latter not Douglas) some interesting stuff in there! Also got an updated Daniels book too. Enjoy the 200s
    Emz - ahhh child free time, enjoy!!

What - easy 8
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that , after last night. Probably a bit too quick as I was freezing, hungry &tired. 
    lyric - not so sure today
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Lyrics yep, saw the film 😢
    Dustin enjoy the easy 8!
    Emzap glad you're having a good week
    Hazel enjoy the short speed work
    What just under 3 with oh
    Why we're both trying to shift some weight and spend time together
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12
    Have a good day all x
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hmm thought track was £2 but it's £5 which is pretty steep for a running session so will have to find alternative for tomorrow ...
  • That's daylight robbery, Em. My track is free but I rarely go there. I used to live on the other side of the woods where it's located which always made for a nice warm-up and cool-down. Now I'm 8 miles away which is too far to run there and back and not quite far enough to take the car.

Nice running with oh, wabo.

Dustin: it's a good running book. I ran a 1:36 half in 2019 using their HM plan.

Snow again, Hazel? Hope you found a stretch to do the 200s.

Happy I caught the sarcasm, Ale 😊

What: 7k run and day 4/30 of yoga
    Lyrics: no
  • Evening!

I'm just getting ready for the match, Wabo! C'mon Spurs! Didn't know that today's lyrics were from a film!

Emz: the track may well be frozen! One of my local parkruns starts on the track and can be cancelled as the track is frozen whilst the paths in the park are clear. Due to be -5 or more here tonight! And snow forecast from lunchtime.

You seem to be training well, Chick! 

An easy day needed, Dustin? Has your youngest returned to the north yet?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Well that wasn't a great match, spurs didn't show up
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can