Thursday 6th January 2022 Starry, starry night

Morning!

Lyrics: Starry, starry night
Paint your palette blue and gray

What: probably something short

Why: lack of time

Out for lunch as it is my little twins' birthday: 32!
And in other news my female twin and her partner are expecting a baby in June! So I will be a grandfather. Makes me sound old!

Yesterday's lyrics were Ben, by a 24 year old Michael Jackson.

Wabo, that result could have been much worse!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Great news Ale! It's great being grandparents so far!
    Enjoy the birthday lunch.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    what lovely news alehouse!
    There was a film called Ben about a rat and that song was in it.
    lyrics yes
    Alehouse according to my son as soon as he knew Doherty was playing he said, this game is being thrown and then we get rid of Doherty.  But to be honest it was like men playing boys! My son believes there is a lot of corruption lol.  Hope the short run was good
    What - one mile to collect car from daughters, de ice car, take it home then need to de ice again when I left for work, got in late
    why: lol
    last hard: that was
    last rest 31/12

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Great news, Ale 🙏🏼
    Enjoy your family time.

Sounds stressful, Wabo.

9 miles run. It was rather slippery. About to hit my yogamat now for day 5.

And yes to lyrics 😊

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ah yes football, better than talking cricket!
    Ale - Youngest still here but I think she goes back next week for a few weeks. She's back end January though for our delayed family Christmas. Congrats on the old man-ness, and enjoy the twins birthday!
    I became a great uncle again earlier this week (My niece's second). Bit early (by 8 weeks) but seems to be doing OK...
    Re tracks - our local is free but like all free facilities, always get the to$$ers that take liberties: riding bikes (pedal and motor) on it , and last summer there was a cricket game on the back straight. Arguably charging access if possible means that only users get to use it, although £5 session seems high for a one off.

What - hopefully a run plus U11 coaching
    why - work is mental, done 8 hours before lunch already so hope to get out later
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - not swearing at countless individuals this morning.
    Retirement grows ever more likely!
    lyric -feel that I should
  • Evening

Great news Ale!  Hope lunch was nice.

Ah well to getting to work late Wabo.

9 miles of running sounds easier than yoga somehow Chicksta.

Great uncle nearly sounds older than grandfather somehow Dustin (sorry!)

Agree on the track charges - 5 quid does sound high but I see the disadvantages of one being free as well as described by Dustin.  

That was some late lunch or a very early start Dustin.  Hope you did get out at some point.

What: wintery hike with OH
    Why: public holiday for me today
    Last hard: snow shoes or not snow shoes - wasn't really enough snow so we carried them around most of the time (on rucksack so not a problem)
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Few pics: no. 3 was the view from the top.. No. 1 was from a lower down.
  • Rather bleak, Hazel! Lunch was good, but late: daughter and partner had been for a two hour walk in the snow then struggled to drive because of the weather. Not sure that I approve given her present condition!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

just under 6 km done this morning on the least slippy route I could find.  10 x 400 m.  60 sec recovery.  Definitely felt it in my legs after!

Congratulations Ale!  And how are your twins 32 already, means I'm older than that, when did that happen...?

That's quite a bit of snow Hazel!

My last child free holiday day today, tomorrow it's back to normal procedure!