Saturday 8th January 2022 Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans

Morning!

Lyrics: Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens

Yesterday's were Daniel, Elton John. 

What: a run when it gets lighter. But not a parkrun.

Why: very dark this morning. Too cold, wet, windy for a parkrun.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Sounds a bit gloomy Ale.

What: vigorous cross training done, white stuff from a to b... Run later, distance tbd
    Why: winter, booster yesterday evening, so far just a sore arm so hopefully no worse
    Last rest: 6.1.22

Have a nice Saturday.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning again!

Take it easy post booster, Hazel!

Yes, gloomy and haven't run yet. Very wet and windy. Did manage to do a short stretching session though!

Off to see physio as have been having problems with my neck. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics nope!
    Hazel...snow might be better than the heavy rain and wind combo but at least I wasn't or marshaling like Peter!
    Was meant to be a group run and after baking lots of cookies for after everyone else decided to stay in bed! Just in from 8m which I actually enjoyed as managed to plan a back wind after first 1.5 miles...cheating? Soggy underfoot in parts but hey ho it will likely be cold and wet for my Feb ultra if I ever get there!
    Enjoying a cuppa now.
    Have good runs all.
  • Lyrics: Yessss. A great song for faster running and everybody that watched Back to the Future knows it 😉

Hazel: hope it stays like that. My booster knocked me out for 36 hours 🤪

Hope the physio can sort your neck out, Ale.

How rude of them, Els 😉 and that's not cheating, just clever route planning 😅

No parkrun for me either. It would have been the 3rd anniversary but we're having guests tomorrow so needed to go shopping and clean the house.

10k run done. And yoga day 7/30 as well 🧘🏼‍♀️
  • Evening!

Glad you know, and like, the lyrics, Chick! Another 10k and yoga carded: well done!

And we'll done on the 8, Els! What is the Feb ultra?

Did you get out, Hazel? 

Physio is referring me to a spinal consultant: have seen him too many times before, starting with facet joint injections in my neck in 2009. In the meantime I will be seeing the physio to manipulate the neck.
  • Ouch Ale!
    Yoga also completed here and a coffee catch up with friend.
    Falkirk ultra in Feb...potentially anyhow as training has been poor and ScotRail still operating reduced service so might be tricky. It's a looped course and last time 2 years ago was a bit of a mudbath!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Route set up at parkrun this morning then ran out with a friend and his son. It was a mudbath! Huge numbers of people complaining about the new course but the council won't let us back to the old course and I feel really sorry for the run directors. Their hands are tied. I'd rather this parkrun than no parkrun and I think they are doing a fab job.  There are so many round us, people do have other options!

Chickened out and drove into town which we seldom do, but weighed up lucas' misery in the stormy weather and the drive. Hoping it's a bit drier tomorrow!

Have a lovely evening all
  • Just bar scanning today in heavy rain and a bitterly cold wind
    Lyrics no