Sunday 9th January 2022 I'd like to play a game

Morning!

Lyrics: I'd like to play a game
That is so much fun

Yesterday's lyrics with a male name were Johnnie B Good, Chuck Berry.
Today's are something Lucas might enjoy!

What: fitness suite, short run

Why: Sunday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Oh well done on the bar scanning, it doesn't happen without people like you!! 
    Lyrics yes lol I knew yesterday's as well
    Hope you're not suffering too much with your neck ale

Els managing to get a back wind always feels impossible to me so no cheating just flipping clever!!
    I didn't run at all yesterday. Just the way the day panned out and I was fine with that. But me and oh walked to a restaurant had a pizza and a pint, then walked home. Just under 3 miles walked

What 3-4 easy miles
    Why it's lovely out there
    Last hard Friday
    Last rest 8/1
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Hope the run was good, Wabo

What: fitness suite followed by 7k

Why: general mobility work then realised that I hadn't done an MLR this week. 7k = MLR at present! Wrong day for it really as I will probably run longer with M76 tomorrow. 

Just under 32k for the week. Something to build on! 

Weather was grim whilst in the fitness suite but wasn't actually sleeting or even raining whilst I ran. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics, yes!
    Wow  Fitness suite, sound painful Ale.
    Enjoy your run wabo, there was obviously some running into the wind Wabo but it pushed me along the middle bit!
    Today is sunny and still and an unexpected 10m with 2 friends, up the hill and along by the cliffs. Tough but enjoyable.
  • Afternoon

Ouch to the neck Ale. Hope the physio will help. Good timing for your run.

Walk and pizza/pint sounds good to me Wabo.

Nice run today Els. Picking a route with a nice section of tailwind is definitely good planning and not cheating.

Well done the parkrun volunteering OH and emzap.

10 gentle ! miles yesterday, felt a bit tired but not wiped out this time.

What: snow shoe hike earlier (pre alps), out for a short recovery run in a bit once I throw appropriate clothes on.
    Why: decent snow coverage this time
    Last hard: snow shoeing is a good strength workout if you break trail
    Last rest: 6.01.22

Lyrics: no
  • Hazel...I bet it's a good workout...never tried but as a non skier could be fun!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    This morning's run was 5k but the air was cold and tbh I found it tough. Nice though. Sounds fun hazel!!! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Apologies been awol since Thursday (no reason really...)
    Lovely snow pics last week Hazel
    Ale - hope the neck isn't causing you too many issues.
    Els - well done on the 10, you too with the 5k Wabo

Lyric: knew yesterday, not so sure today...

Anyway, training
    Friday - 10x300m hill efforts (steady/continuous) 
    Saturday - easy 4 miles over quagmire
    Today - 15 trail miles, ditto
    why - cut back week LSR

Yesterday was County XC which regrettably I'd double booked (hence the easy 4). Family day in that there London to the Van Gogh Exhibition. Very enlightening and interesting. Lunch was french, pre dinner drinks were in a Borough Market wine Bar, dinner was Tapas, spanish style. 
    Getting out of bed this morning required a battle of wills....

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

7 slow km done this morning. We are eyeing up a house and wanted to see how close it was to motorway for noise levels. So I ran there then hubby and Lucas drove to pick me up. It was nearly all uphill and I slid a fair amount of the way! But I did it!

Means I think I've run every day for a month now!

Back to work tomorrow after 17 days off. I'm not looking forwards to it. I've loved my time off!
  • Oh well done on the bar scanning, it doesn't happen without people like you!!
    Lyrics yes lol I knew yesterday's as well
    Hope you're not suffering too much with your neck ale