Tuesday 11th January 2022 - Come on, Come on, Hurry Up

Morning all, 

Lyric - Come on, come on, hurry up xxxxx, come on...

Yesterday's were Inspiral Carpets - "Joe"

Today - club session, marathon groups 5 mile threshold run (gulp!)
Why - schedule tells me so
last rest - 14/10
last hard - today

Emz - first day back is always a struggle (how many e-mails...????)
Chick - enjoy your first day back 
Hazel - hope your work day got better...
Wabo - always nice to run in new shoes, can't comment on the bra though!

Comments

• Morning! 

Lyrics: I know the name! Younger son is called this, but I really can't remember who it is by. 

That sounded a decent Saturday, Dustin!

Otherwise, what Dustin said. Plus you seem to be getting a decent volume of running in, Chick! Any races being contemplated?

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics/name yep
    Dustin cor gulp indeed
    Alehouse have a good run and stretch

what: club race later
    why: who knows!!
    last hard: yesterday evening 
    last rest: 8/1/21

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Good luck with the LT run Dustin.

Good luck with the club race this evening Wabo. 

Enjoy the stretching Ale - creeeakkk?

Hmm Chicksta's blueberry cake reminds me that I still have a small piece of walnut left.. (saunters off to kitchen..)..

What: likely a solo today
    Why: others benched or sick or elsewhere I believe
    Last rest: 10.01.222

Lyrics:  no
  • Morning again!

"Enjoy" the session, Dustin!

And enjoy your own company, Hazel!

Race well, Wabo! 

What: just under half an hour d&d, along the tram track.

Why: get it done. Stretches later. Set off in drizzle but gradually brightening.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics - no
    Wabo new shoes are good, need new trail shoes, don't know what to get! What's your race?
    Dustin, tough one coming up then.
    Ale, nice tram run.
    Trying to up my miles, 16.5m was tough, it's less windy than yesterday but still tough going into it, and cold too, but it was dry with very low sunlight despite being back by 12.30. Still not quite dark though. First time running the bit where I nose planted! All good.
    Blueberry cake sounds nice, distinct lack of cake here, finished Christmas cake on Sunday! Greedy!
    More work than I really want this week, lots of patients yesterday mean lot of admin tomorrow before I even think about the clinic!
  • Ugh. Return to work wasn't nice. I'm still here and I haven't left my desk much. Just as well that there was a chocolate Santa left that was massacred in a stress frenzy earlier  :D  

Hope the LT run goes OK, Dustin. 

I take it your cake didn't survive the afternoon then, Hazel :) 

Ale: no races plan. I'm still ever so slow since that Covid booster. But I put the miles in and hopefully the pace comes back at some point. Right now I just don't want any pressure to complete a training plan. Also as a precaution if the feet decide to play up (fingers crossed that they won't -- they're really well behaved at the moment). 

Great miles, Els. 

I did 10k first thing. And I will do yoga when I get home. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    The race was a mob match between two clubs and usually happens every January. Can't remember the last time i ran it! Would have easily blown out but I'm very happy to say I went, did it in 30.06 a 5k and it felt fast for me!! Happy.
    Nice one chicksta! Lol at the chocolate Santa!
    I did do half my Tai chi set earlier but a phone call interrupted
    Els great miles
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Well raced, Wabo!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done wabo!
    And hope the session wasn't too tough Dustin!
    I'm desperately trying to eat less and it's not going well. Need to shift this weight though but I'm not good at not eating! Especially cake!
    Just a mile today.
    I'm feeling spectacularly grotty.
    Nursery germs are evil.  
    I'm wondering when to do my sub 28 min 5km attempt. I'm thinking first week in Feb. Gives me time to have another attempt later that month! The intervals have been going well so I may be ready then. I need to take 30 sec off my post baby pb to achieve it ....

Have a lovely evening all