Thursday 13th January 2022 Don't start that talking

Morning!

Lyrics: Don't start that talking
I could talk all night

Lyrics were actually on the news yesterday!

What: easy run after work

Why: time

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics yep a favourite
    Enjoy the easy one alehouse

What same as alehouse but might be joined by OH
    why: he wants to
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 8/1
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Are you working after all in January then Ale?  I think I remember you saying you had nothing in the pipeline?

Bad luck on the football Wabo.  Better hair today?  :)

I remember I raced very badly a week post 2nd jab chicksta.  If the jabs do have long term effects then I don't know..  I don't intend to have a fourth in the next months unless forced to and will certainly avoid it in the racing season if I can.  Well done on getting the 10k done.

I have two 50+ male running buddies with absolute mops of curls and waves Dustin.  I have straight hair and am jealous of them.  70mins of trails sounds great and the LT run even better if you could pick up the pace.

What: Walk/Turbo
    Why: running rest day
    Last hard: yesterday's intervals - did the 5 x 1 but was a struggle in the cold, I needed the full 2.5 mile warm-up for the quads to work at all.  Reps 2 and 4 were against the wind (not that strong but nasty cold) and down at around tempo pace, 1,3,5 with a tailwind and a bit faster than 10k PB pace.  Decent enough for the conditions.
    Last rest: 13.1.22

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel I actually got up, showered and washed n dried it lol! Much better thanks, till I run later...
    Don't all hate me but I have still not had a jab at all!!
    Enjoy the walk/turbo Hazel
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo: Well, you had Corona so that's as good as a jab, isn't it?

Glad your legs were better than mine yesterday, Ale. 

Hazel: Sounds like you nailed the session. I'm not quite sure my shitness is jab-related. It could well be just old age catching up with me ;) I had a stressy December with not much running so it may well have to do with that. I feel absolutely fine - it's just my pace to HR ratio that's well off. 

Dustin: Great LT session Oh, 7:10 pace - don't think I'll ever see that again. 

Yesterday's lyrics: Alejandro - Lady Gaga

Another 10k done. Super windy. Plan was to do more but I lost the will to live. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - well done nailing that session!
    Ale/Wabo - enjoy the easy
    Chick - good work on the 10k

What - Steady 50 minutes plus U11 coaching later
    Why - tick over & routine
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Tuesday 
    lyric - yes. I read about this in the news yesterday too. One of his best I think.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Forgot to post yesterday.  Did fartlek over 5 km.  Had to walk a bit between as I've still got this cold, but was pleased with my fast bits!

Today just 2 km, a slightly longer route up to nursery.

Parkrun is moving back to the old course!  Though I didn't mind the muddy trail it had moved to, numbers were significantly down and it was pushchair unfriendly, which wasn't good for me and Lucas!  But from a few weeks' time I'll be able to walk with him at the back :)

Cold turning into a non-covid cough.  Fed up of all these germs now.

Have a good evening all.