Sunday 16th January 2022 XXX Xxxx, don't make it bad.

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: XXX Xxxx, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.

What: short run, fitness suite

Why: Sunday routine

Sounds a decent run yesterday, Dustin!

You seem to have posted a fair few kilometres this week, Chick!

Yesterday's lyrics: Fernando, Abba
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yep
    Enjoy the Sunday routine alehouse - I'm fuming about arsenal getting our game postponed! 1 COVID case is all they have and now we have 4 games to catch up 😡😡
    What 3-4 miles in Ramsgate- down a long hill then back round and up again
    Why mummy lives here
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 8/1
    Enjoy your Sunday everyone
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    New shoes are men's new balance 880 - cheaper than ladies! Seem to be getting on with them immediately which is nice
    Crow - love the talk about that! So many yoga things I couldn't do including that & my daughter made them look easy!! 
    I miss going to that class. 
    Els what a tough run you battled out but fun with company I bet! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning!

10 very tough km done this morning. Went with the local trail running club and I was the slowest by miles who went this morning. I really struggled as it really was thick oozy mud and I had to go through it (go look up going on a bear hunt if you're not getting that reference)!

But I did it and now I'm home and warm and cleaned off of mud!

Have a great Sunday all!
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get crow then. Since Adriene's videos I do no longer care about the shape but more about the intention. My body feels so much better with regular yoga even though I'm not very bendy or super strong.

Enjoy that warm afterglow, Em. Sounds really tough.

XC sounds fun, Dustin.

Just 5 miles for me today. It's cold and windy again.

And yes to lyrics 😊
  • Afternoon!

Bear hunt sounds good, Emz! The book is in my "stand by" pile for when I am teaching the little ones!

Another 5 miles in the bank though, Chick!

Hope that you got your 3+ miles in, Wabo! And I understand your annoyance re the postponement. The players away at The African Cup of Nations shouldn't come into it: anyone who bought someone who was likely to play in it knew where they stood when they bought them!

What: fitness suite and then 35 minutes in the drizzle

Why: Sunday. Brought up 34+k for the week without a long run. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale Lucas recites it along with gruffalo and a few others... He's a bit book obsessed
  • Emz - I can just see you and Lucas in the book pictures! Love a muddy trail! Well done!
    Chick - I need to try harder with crow!
    Windy as anything and cold too, 5 miles took me for ever and I didn't really want to go out at all!
    Ordered new trail shoes, gone back to Brooks Caldera, they are perfect for me but fall apart too soon so maybe not the best buy.
    Lyrics yes!

• Well the good side about putting in a PW parkrun 2 weeks ago is that I can now boast a 12 minute improvement. Still not fast and far from my best but hey, at least it's heading in the right way again.
    Aqua walking/jogging most weekdays along with jogging to Sports Centre and back.
    Was reading Bear Hunt not long ago (no prizes for guessing the listener!)
    lyrics yes
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH - well done on the PR improvement!
    Emz - sounds my kind of run! Watched Bear Hunt with my little one (now 20) over Christmas. One we used to read in bed.
    Wabo - oh not been to Ramsgate for years, used to be a regular Sunday outing when I was a kid.
    Ale, Chick, Els - all decent mileage banked!
    What - 16 1/2 miles
    Why - LSR
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that was after yesterday's XC. Had hoped to tick off 18-20 but got to 15 and took the shorter route home. 
    Always next week and still a reasonable mileage week (~65)
    lyric - yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    That's a decent week's mileage, Dustin, particularly given the race, lots of off road running and quicker sessions! And a nice little streak too!

OH: improvement noted, and hope it continues apace! Have you got to the bottom of the "injury" issues, consultants etc. Sounds like the cross training seems to be helping!

Glad Lucas is a book worm, Emz! And I can hear OH  reading Bear Hunt as I type!

5 tough miles is worth more, Els!